Author Topic: Outlook.pst access denied after Tweaking use.  (Read 6124 times)

Offline Littlefrog

• View Profile
Outlook.pst access denied after Tweaking use.
« on: February 17, 2014, 02:41:29 pm »
Immediately after running the Tweaking software Outlook would not load.  Access denied message about Outlook.pst even though I am the administrator with full power.  See posts on Bleeping Computer under Littlefrog user name.  Also the used space on C: doubled and has increased again recently.  There is very little left free.  Ran chkdsk with /f and /r switches per Shane's suggestions.  Some repairs and fixes noted but the access issue remains.  It is not Outlook since I have it running with a new pst file.  I tried to import the old one into the new one but the access issue was still present.  The Belkin router monitor will not load.  There is something wrong with Windows 7 64 bit Installer. 

The OUtlook issue is the critical one and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Outlook.pst access denied after Tweaking use.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:48:03 pm »
Ok so you have a new pst file going, good. Now we need to find out why the old pst is having trouble.

Where did you copy the old pst file to?

Also go ahead and shot me an email, I normally never do teamviewer unless it is a last resort, but I have a feeling something else is going on and I want to take a look at it myself. I will be online for the next few hours if you are :-)

Shane

Offline Littlefrog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 08:36:01 am »
Immediately after running the Tweaking software Outlook would not load.  Access denied message about Outlook.pst even though I am the administrator with full power.  See posts on Bleeping Computer under Littlefrog user name.  Also the used space on C: doubled and has increased again recently.  There is very little left free.  Ran chkdsk with /f and /r switches per Shane's suggestions.  Some repairs and fixes noted but the access issue remains.  It is not Outlook since I have it running with a new pst file.  I tried to import the old one into the new one but the access issue was still present.  The Belkin router monitor will not load.  There is something wrong with Windows 7 64 bit Installer. 

The OUtlook issue is the critical one and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Shane fixed this with the most amazing display of computer skills I've ever encountered.  I won't tell you about the entire episode because I don't know how it relates to anything resembling a normal session for him and it would be unfair to raise expectations for anyone else.  It was not his program but rather a cauldron of permission and VC runtime cross talk interactions and what I would call loops on my computer.   I do not understand more than a tiny fraction of the issues, the fixes and his process but there were fixes and the computer is not only working but working better than it has in a long time.    There is not enough space here to express my appreciation for what he did nor enough stars on some evaluation widget. Just know it is very high.

Thank you Shane.

Littlefrog (Now out of the swamp)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:35:26 am »
I was happy to help.

Since I helped fixed you I just put out Windows Repair v2.4.1 that will now also fix the file permissions of the user profiles. Had that been in there before the WR would have got you a lot further :-)

Need anything else you know where to ask :wink:

Since you are fixed I will lock this thread.

And as always...
If your happy with my work. Then all I ask in return is you simply let others know about my site and programs. I help with anything computer or network related :-)
Also always feel free to make a post in the feedback forum.
And a facebook like at the top of the page of my site is nice as well. ;)

Shane