Author Topic: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3  (Read 18406 times)

Offline jpmackay

• View Profile
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
« on: February 26, 2014, 03:56:09 pm »
I have trouble trying to find the download on the internet through Google. The ISO download that I would like to get is below:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

The reason why I need this is that I ran Simple System Tweaker (Tweaking.com) with one part -- Windows File Protection? Your program ask me to insert a CD Disk to check the Windows File Protection. That's where I find trouble trying to find the right CD Disk to run.

Thank you,

John
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:57:44 pm by jpmackay »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile

Offline jpmackay

• View Profile
Re: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 06:39:33 pm »
Shane,

Want to say thank you for the link to download the ISO download of Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3. I got them installed in my hard drive. Now your program with " Windows Repair " in "Step 3 Optional " to run System File Check but can't. Here is the message below:

Windows File Protection

Files are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL Cache.

Insert your Windows XP Professional CD-ROM now.

What is your program looking for with this? I got confused because I checked in the folder with " System " to see what kind of operating system do I have in my computer"?

Here is what I have mine with Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3?

Tell me which operating system should I insert to check the DLL?

Thank you,

John

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 07:34:11 pm »
Windows XP system file checker is a pain in the butt. I am glad that the new versions of Windows dont need the cd any more for that.

Basically that error is saying the file it wants, or a version of it isnt on the cd. Most likely because it came from an update. So at this point you may just need to skip the system file check and move onto the repairs :wink:

Shane

Offline jpmackay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 09:22:43 pm »
OK and now I know that Windows XP system file checker is a pain in the butt. I am not going to bother this to check System File Check. I do have the other computer with Windows 7 64X and will that work with System File Checker that don't have to ask for CD Disk to check DLL Cache.

John