Main Forum > Everything Else

avast

(1/2) > >>

chris635:
Hi Shane

Is the paid version of avast better than the free version? So far I think the free version is great! Also is the paid version heavier on resources?

Chris

Shane:
Up to you if you want the extras.
http://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download

Personally I use only the free. And of course the more things running the more resources needed :wink:

Shane

chris635:
Okay thanks

Chris

Samson:
I use the free version of Avast (V7), updated from V6 no problems. So far I'm impressed, especially by the cloud streaming updates. I like to keep things lightweight, so do not use the WebRep or Autosandbox. In conjunction with my other security, and of course Shane's tweaks  :wink: , my system is snappy and safe.

I use Avast 7 (free), MBAM (free) on demand, MVPS Hosts file, Sandboxie, SpywareBlaster and Windows firewall (also behind my Netgear router firewall). My browser is Firefox 3.6.27 with Adblock plus (EasyList & Malware Domains), and Norton DNS....It may look like a lot, but uses very little RAM and all "play nicely" together with no conflicts.

I hope that offers some help.

chris635:
Yeah I don't use the web plugin either but I do use the Auto-sandbox feature(thinking about turning that off though). I'm also using version 7 and Malware-bytes (paid version) and Spyware-blaster(paid version), windows firewall behind a Net-gear router and off course Shane's tweaks. Last off all using Open dns. System runs well.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version