Author Topic: To Default, or Not to Default  (Read 5376 times)

Offline dblanch256

• View Profile
To Default, or Not to Default
« on: February 28, 2014, 07:43:22 am »
As a new WR-AIO, I have a newbie question.

When the AIO interface comes up, there is a DEFAULT settings option in the lower left.  I noticed that when I clicked it, the existing settings changed (I think more boxes got check marked, not sure, but the settings definitely changed).

From a human factors perspective, this is confusing to me.  In most other systems, DEFAULT means "get me back to the baseline, i.e. before I messed with the initial settings".  But apparently in WR-AIO, the "initial settings" are different than the DEFAULT ones.  Consequently, I don't know which set to use (1) the "startup set" or (2) the set modified by pressing DEFAULT.

Am I making sense? (I realize that Talking Heads advises against this.)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: To Default, or Not to Default
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »
The default and what it should be on a new install is 33 repairs selected, I just double checked to make sure that is the default settings in the setup and it is. Not sure why yours would have had less checked.

But yes default is fine to use, running all repairs is fine to use as well.

I have also heard of a few people who had more luck running the repairs twice. After they ran it once, they rebooted and then ran them again and it fixed more things.

I think I know why, some of the repairs may have needed something but it was broken and one of the later repairs fixed it. So when they ran the repairs again the repairs that needed something then work as well. I am thinking of adding that to the trick list for it :-)

Shane