Author Topic: All In One V2.4.2 has destroyed my Computer!  (Read 21459 times)

Offline hawkredtail

• View Profile
All In One V2.4.2 has destroyed my Computer!
« on: March 03, 2014, 07:10:47 am »
Hello:
I downloaded and installed All In One version 2.4.2 onto my Acer Minitower. I have Windows 8.1 64 bit and Internet Explorer 10. After I ran the program All In One the following things happened to my computer.

Cant Restore- even though I did it while running the program - says no restore point found?

Cant execute Internet Explorer 10 - Double click on icon and program executes and then goes away?

Cant install any software- Get Error code 0X8007005 error? Probably downloaded every software you have in this site and ran them through a thumb drive- all 2 dozen of them found and fixed no errors?

Cant update any programs including all my Adobe and Anti Virus and Anti Malware Programs?

Cant turn on my Anti-Virus ( BitDefender ) During install notes it said to turn off my AntiVirus program so I did and now I cant turn it back on- same as my Anti Malware Programs?

No Sound from my speakers- All drivers show OK and Normal when looked at under "Device Manager" I have no ! marks next to any of the Drivers or Hardware stuff?

Cant play any sounds from Youtube, my Music Folder or in Internet Explorer- When I try the 3 different programs that I have execute and then say error unable to read? Using Winamp,Windows Media Player, Real Player all dont work?

Cant Print? Says no drivers found even though I could before I ran All In One?  I ran my Drivers Install disc that came with my Canon Printer and it seems to work although when I print something it says "error You need permission", I hit OK and it prints??

I cant reinstall Windows 8.1 as when I bought this new computer they would not give me a windows disc unless I paid additional $150. They said I have an OEM Operating System.

I tried doing a Resore under Windows and it will not let me do it?

I have tried close to two dozen programs you list on this web site from File Permission to Antivirus to Malware to ultilities and nothing seems to correct any of these issues?  Anyone got any ideas??

HELP!!

Thanks

Hawkredtail
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:08:57 am by hawkredtail »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: All In One V2.4.2 has destroyed my Computer!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:06:34 am »
I run my Windows Repair tool on Windows 8 and 8.1 machines all the time, never seen all the problems you are having. I have a feeling something else is at play.

First thing I would do is run these 3 tools.

TDSSkiller.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tdsskiller/

Malwarebytes Anti Rootkit
http://www.malwarebytes.org/antirootkit/

And the last one to run is combofix.exe (They didnt support Windows 8 .1, I think they might now)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

After you run those 3 have it cleanup anything they find and then reboot. Once rebooted run my Windows Repair again and make sure to choose all the repairs. Make sure to do a registry backup with it as you can restore from it instead of system restore. 95% of the repairs all have to do with the registry.

And then lets see how it goes from there :-)

Shane

Offline hawkredtail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 03:40:11 pm »
Hello
I downloaded and installed and exucuted the following programs. All did NOT fix any of my problems. I executed ADWcleaner, Combofix, JRT,MBAR, Rkill and TDSSkiller all found no problems!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »
Did you do a registry backup before you ran the repairs the first time?

Also have you ran the repairs again and selected all the repairs?

Also if you need you can reinstall Windows 8.1 without needing the cd :-)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

Shane

Offline hawkredtail

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 05:32:39 pm »
Hello
Yes I did a registry back up again.
I did run all repairs and same problems?

Thanks for any input!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 05:35:16 pm »
If you have a registry backup from before you ran my repairs the first time try restoring that registry and see if it puts you back to how you where :-)

Shane

Offline hawkredtail

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 06:26:51 am »
Hello
I tried doing a Registry Restore and the program says no restore point found?  Although I did do two Registry Backups, for the each time that I ran All In One?

Thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 08:04:51 am »
When you open the Registry Backup program you click on the restore tab and the drop down box should show the 2 reg backups.

Also I just put out Windows Repair v2.5.0

I would love if you would try the new version because I made a lot of changes and I want to see if they help any :-D

Shane

Offline hawkredtail

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 08:20:10 am »
Hello
When I click on "Restore" the program finds and lists nothing? I know I did a Registry Backup because I labeled it Backup Registry 1 and Backup Registry 2.  I will download Version 2.50 and try tonight when I get home from work.

Thank You Shane for all you do!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 01:08:52 pm »
Had to make a quick update and v2.5.1 is out, let me know how it goes :-)

Shane

Offline hawkredtail

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 03:46:00 pm »
Hello
I did Registry backup again. Ran 2.51 and tried to hit restore and it says no files found? Anyways ran the program appears nothing was fixed?  Still have all the same issues.... Guess it time for re-install of windows 8.1.

Thanks for your help

Offline hawkredtail

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 03:50:15 pm »
Here is the error i get when I try to restore anything.

Thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 03:54:25 pm »
Did you try installing IE 11 yet?

Shane

Offline hawkredtail

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 05:16:02 pm »
I tried downloading everything. I get error 0X8007005 I do not have permission, When I download the
"give you Permission" file from this site, I get that error again?

Thanks

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 05:50:40 pm »
Here is the error i get when I try to restore anything.

Thanks

I have the same error message here or maybe similar, however Shane Are you still remember my problem? When I try to restore the system?  :smiley:

Offline Mike-ol

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 08:15:43 pm »
(disclaimer) This is not funny, but I cannot help but laugh.  I have the exact same issue described above, except that I have IE 11.  Luckily for me, I have a image of my PC backed up from 2 days ago.

I have never ran tweaking (default selection) and decided to test it for the first time to see what it would do on my test machine that had absolutely no issues with it before.  Since running tweaking I have the same exact issues as the OP mentioned with the exceptions; I have IE 11 and I do have restore points although I did not create them when Tweaking asked me to.  I do not run a 3rd party AV on this PC because it is just a test machine and I often infect it and test things out without protection and then clean it or re-install Windows clean, but always in the end, leave it working.

Noticed that:
- IE 11 opens and immediately closes (both desktop version and Modern Interface verion/Metro verion).
- Most apps from MS Store open and immediately close.
- Cannot access Control Panel directly (but can access items inside by right clicking it and selecting them from the list).
- No sound even just testing from sounds doesn't work (did before and it's not muted).
- It seems to have turned off Windows Defender, when I turned it back on, it says definitions cannot be updated becase of an authentication issue.
Edit***
- Using restore from within the OS results in an error that it did not complete successfully and nothing was changed.
- Clicking on the charms did nothing so I had to log out /sign out and use the shift+restart to boot into advanced and ran restore from there which solved the problems by restoring to 2 days ago.

This is not a rant or anything, I just wanted to let you guys know because there IS something wrong with the program. Glad I didn't run it on an essential PC.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:29:57 pm by Mike-ol »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 07:53:34 am »
Can you post a screen shot of the error you are getting?

Shane

Offline Mike-ol

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 08:51:35 am »
Can you post a screen shot of the error you are getting?

Shane

Not sure if you were talking to me, but I didn't capture the screen when the Windows Defender or restore error came up.

Seems like a nifty tool and your work to help others is Sincerely appreciated, I can even run it again and let you know what errors or test anything else out if you want... I just don't know if it will do it again.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 09:03:24 am »
Yeah I was talking to you :-)

You said you had a permissions error when you download from my site so I wanted to see a screen shot.

Screen shots of errors help me a lot because it allows me to see exactly the error and where, which helps more than what a person says. I am use to seeing and fixing all kinds of error messages. So when I dont see the exact error then my brain will think off a hundred different errors that would fit into that category lol

Shane

Offline Mike-ol

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 12:08:24 pm »
Shane, I didn't get any error messages when I downloaded from your site. That may have been someone else. The error messages I got were after running Tweaking and were with relation to when I tried to restore from within the Windows, also when I tried to turn Defender back on which apparently was switched off by Tweaking, and also remember an error when I tested the audio devices (no errors listed in device manager though).

I'll run it again today and attach the errors that I did get.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 12:11:40 pm »
Windows defender wouldnt run? That is also odd, the only thing that touches that program would be permissions and removing any symbolic links that a virus might have put there. There is also the reg file that would put the windows defender service back to defaults as well. Is Windows defender installed in its normal location?

Shane

Offline Mike-ol

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 01:44:28 pm »
Defender was turned off (assuming by something Tweaking did), so when I went to click the turn on button the error came up.

I am going to do it again and get some snapshots to attach to my response. I know some people that said they ran your tool and resolved issues, so I was shocked when this happened to mine. I was expecting it to run and not really find anything or do anything, but instead ended up with an unusable machine. I know it's a good tool because I trust the people that told me about it.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 01:47:43 pm »
I use it all the time and so do a LOT of computer shops, in fact found out that MS and HP support are using it now lol

Something is different on your system and instead of reinstalling I want to find out what happened :-)

If you like I will be happy to teamviewer into you and work with you so I can find out what is going on. If you are up for that I am online now, send me an email to shane at tweaking.com :wink:

Shane

Offline Mike-ol

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 04:13:33 pm »
I use it all the time and so do a LOT of computer shops, in fact found out that MS and HP support are using it now lol

Something is different on your system and instead of reinstalling I want to find out what happened :-)

If you like I will be happy to teamviewer into you and work with you so I can find out what is going on. If you are up for that I am online now, send me an email to shane at tweaking.com :wink:

Shane

Shane, thanks again for your responses.  So I got home today and ran the newest version to try to get screenshots of the errors, but wouldn't you know... this time it ran and when it restarted, everything that had stopped working the first time is fine now.  I have not found any of the issues mentioned before.  I'm not sure what happened last time, but it may have been a one off.  Strange that it happened to the OP too.  :sarcastic:

Come to think of it, restore I did was to 2 days ago and the only thing that was different is that this time I did not checkdisk or run sfc like the software recommended.  I doubt that played a role, but last time because of the recommendations by the software to run checkdisk and sfc, I ran those before running Tweaking AIO.  :shocked:

At any rate, I really appreciate your responsiveness and all the assistance you provide.  My confidence in the software has been restored.  Of course next I will be testing on a computer that does have problems.  :smiley:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 04:25:17 pm »
Ah, thats why I have people use a thread for themselves so I dont get confused on who I am helping LOL

I am remoting in and helping the OP right now and getting things fixed up. Lots of 3rd party scanners all running at the same time so far seems to be most of the problems.

I will report back when I am all done.

Mike I am glad you are good to go as well! :wink:

Shane