Author Topic: Tweaking.com - Hardware Identify v1.2.0 (SOLVED)  (Read 6953 times)

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Tweaking.com - Hardware Identify v1.2.0 (SOLVED)
« on: April 18, 2014, 01:25:50 pm »
Hi Shane,

You've really nailed it with the colour choices again  :smiley:

I have just downloaded and run Tweaking.com - Hardware Identify v1.2.0, no problems, but I was a bit surprised to see that all my hardware was uploaded to the database. I had run V1.0 back on the 28th March, uploading to the database. I thought it would have included all my hardware from then by now? Is there a longer time delay for updates to be included in the database than I am thinking? Or have you started the database over again?

Samson.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:52:35 pm by Samson »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking.com - Hardware Identify v1.2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:37:37 pm »
I made a lot of changes from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0 for the database and the way the hardware was sent. When I found out there was a big problem with the very first database I had to start fresh. So if you submit the hardware again I will grab it monday morning :-)

How it works is the new hardware text file is uploaded to my server. Every day or so I grab all of them that are uploaded. Since there are thousands of device IDs I get at a time I have made some programs for myself to automate about 90% of the process :-)

So first step is I combine all the txt files into one. Thats done with a simple bat file. I then take that new text file and run a program I made that loops through the text file removing any that are not English based on the keywords that I added to 1.2.0. Then I remove the duplicates. Then the last step is to take the cleaned up list and have a 2nd program I made add everything in the text file to the database, and it also checks for duplicates that are already in the database.

So thanks to the automated tools I made it only takes me about 10 min to get a new database ready and uploaded from all the submitted text files, doesn't matter if it is 1 text file or 1000. :wink:

So to keep the same non English devices from getting uploaded over and over I added the keywords to 1.2.0 so now those will be removed before they are sent to me, cutting down on the repeat uploads :-)

If it is one thing I have always been very good at it is automating things lol

Shane

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:47:27 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to give the explanation Shane, I know that you are a busy guy  :wink:

I will reupload from my other machines over the next few days, just to get some older hardware on the database  :smiley:

Enjoy the weekend, Samson.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 02:48:39 pm »
Thanks and you as well :-)

Shane