Author Topic: Bootable CD  (Read 8675 times)

Offline dalepbaker

• View Profile
Bootable CD
« on: June 07, 2014, 05:43:39 pm »
I think a bootable windows repair disk with all it options would be awesome and very helpful in
fixing Windows. Let alone giving us the options to download and install various Malware fighting programs.
Plus give a a fix to undo the very annoying pending operation after a FAILED sfc/scannow

Dale

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: Bootable CD
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 02:26:22 am »
Hi, Dale packer ,
         Would you please explain your user tips a little more. The click on the link does not work
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 10:48:11 am »
There are a lot of disks out there like that. If you mean one that my Windows Repair can run on I am afraid that cant happen just yet.

Most of the repairs reply on the currently loaded registry, as when files are registered and such. So my Windows Repair has to be ran from with in Windows because of these. So running it off of a bootable cd wont work as the Windows registry of the system that needs repaired wouldn't be loaded.

Shane

Offline DanTheTechMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 12:18:39 pm »
There is a feature in another bootable repair disc that allows loading an offline windows registry for use with it's interface, and thus, it's set of tools.  If that feature can somehow be incorporated into this possible boot disc, that would solve the problem.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 02:02:40 pm »
I can load up registry hives. Problem is they get loaded up under a sub key and are not treated as root. So while I could load up a hive file and work with it directly, the registering of dll files wouldn't work because I have no control over where they right their keys and they will still go to the default loaded registy of the OS it is running under. No way to point it to the loaded registry hives.

Shane