Author Topic: Metro apps refuse to open  (Read 5405 times)

Offline drheaston

• View Profile
Metro apps refuse to open
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:36:35 am »
HP All IN ONE TOUCH running windows 8.1 with all updates installed.   Problem is that the Metro apps only flash a logo screen then minimize to the task bar. All of them do this, they refuse to open.  Programs installed on the desktop are all working fine.  I have run both Tweaker.com and Simple System Tweaker from start to finish and no help.  :confused:

I checked to see what was selected by default and the permissions for files was not checked.  did it right this time and now everything is opening fine.   the only thing is the links in the apps won't work. IE mail. got any ideas? :tongue:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:24:19 am by drheaston »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Metro apps refuse to open
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:04:28 am »
When you ran my Windows repairs did you run all the repairs?

Reason why I ask is on my test 8.1 machine in vmware I had the same problem in Windows 8 where the apps in the app store wouldn't open, it would just open and then close. When i traced it down it was all due to permissions in the registry and files. So in the newest version of my repair tool I made sure to add the permissions it wanted :-)

So if you ran my Windows Repair what version did you run and did you run all the repairs? Always make sure to make a registry backup with it first  :wink:

Shane

Offline drheaston

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 08:54:23 am »
 I found out the permissions for files was not checked by default when Tweak.com opened. ran it again and now metro apps open fine except links don't work in apps.  any ideas? :teeth:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 04:11:25 pm »
Ok so the apps open now, good, that is progress and shows that it was a permissions problem.

When you say links wont open, can you get a screen shot of the link in the app so i can see and try on my end?

Shane