Author Topic: Problem repairing Windows Updates  (Read 5367 times)

Offline Peter Jordan

• View Profile
Problem repairing Windows Updates
« on: July 25, 2014, 11:47:29 pm »
I recently had a problem with my Samsung laptop and, to get it working again, I had to use the Samsung Recovery option built into the machine. When starting up again the computer wanted to download 81 updates for Windows (my machine has Windows 7 Home Premium) but each time I tried to do this the installation of the updates failed.

Yesterday I tried using the Tweaking Windows Repair on the machine and, when I came to download and install the updates, I found there were now 82 available. My machine apparently downloaded and installed them but, when I checked at the end of the process, only 1 of the 82 updates ahd successfully installed.

Is it going to be possible for me to download and install the older updates, or am I stuck with things as they are?

Any help will be gratefully received. But please note - my technical ability with computers is VERY limited!

Peter Jordan

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Problem repairing Windows Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:08:36 pm »
See if you are able to install the readiness tool. You didnt tell me if you are on 32 or 64 bit so here is the download link for both.

32 bit
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3132

64 bit
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858

IF that does install without any errors then reboot the computer, once rebooted run my windows repair again and run all the repairs. After that is done reboot one more time and try the windows updates again.

Sometimes updates wont install if a previous update it needs or file isn't on the system, so it fails. The system readiness tool is suppose to fix that, so we will try that. If it fails let me know :wink:

Shane