Author Topic: HELP  (Read 10749 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
HELP
« on: July 08, 2014, 02:21:53 pm »
I have a problem with your program where it shows error messages while trying to run it on another system! I've looked at screenshots here but found all of them it exists different accounts on each system?
In the other system I'm trying to fix these settings as shown in the screenshots' mode / checkmark on these options as in the first system but get error messages when I try to apply this! What happened was that the system could not do create a restore point system / Unable to open some programs!
My question here, why do I see different accounts on each system?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:31:00 pm »
Please dont hijack someone else's thread, always start a new one for yourself, I split your post to a new topic for you. :wink:

I have a problem with your program where it shows error messages while trying to run it on another system! I've looked at screenshots here but found all of them it exists different accounts on each system?
In the other system I'm trying to fix these settings as shown in the screenshots' mode / checkmark on these options as in the first system but get error messages when I try to apply this! What happened was that the system could not do create a restore point system / Unable to open some programs!
My question here, why do I see different accounts on each system?

I dont understand what it is you are explaining, can you post a screen shot showing what you are seeing?

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »
my bad and Screenshot of my system

On my system I have more than 4 unknown accounts in that area of ​​the system but the system you have 4 unknown account?
So can you explain why I have a lot of unknown accounts?
I'm trying to fix the problems of another's computer. "But when I change :/ put checkmark on the options in that area then an error message pops up from Windows and some other error messages from your program when i run u software!
I will attach the rest of the screenshots

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:29:50 pm »
Those are not unknown accounts, those are windows built in accounts and are correct.

If there was an unknown account it would actually say unknown account in the permissions :wink:

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 03:19:10 pm »
ok ,  :smiley: What will happen if I remove / edit these accounts? Does u program can fix all those area of windows? I asked this question because the other system which has troubles of that area as shown in the screen shot !

and u program has troubles on the other system With pop-up error messages !

:blank:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:28 pm »
Pop up error messages? Did you post a screen shot of those?

the only time I ever seen pop up error messages with the repairs was when the tools in windows itself where crashing, that was one screwed up system. hard to fix if you cant even use the tools in windows itself lol

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 09:17:51 pm »
here you go a Screen Shots for sure!  :smiley:

This system was working very slowly, where every time we turned on the system then we get the system hangs on the login screen is about 8 to 10 minutes to the start of the system.!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 02:11:49 pm »
OK I think I finally know why you have always gotten the can not make long folder. My program uses the date and time to make the folder, including if a user has am or pm, but if your system is set to use a unicode char on the time then it would come back to my program as a ? which ? are not allowed to be in a folder or file name, so you get the error.

Now that I know that I will see if I can find a way to handle that better :-)

As for the other error, that isnt from my program but instead from the setacl program, which is used to set permissions. One of the files it needs to use on Windows is corrupted. Which would explain some of your problems.

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 03:16:54 pm »
Good, then I will see what I can do later because of this laptop is off now,
After all, "had to do a disk check on that system then I say damn! Check disk found a lot of system files is corrupted '! Making Windows to replace a lot of corrupted files! Lol!  :smiley:
Honestly, the first time I see the Windows system replaces a lot of files like this one! Lol  :cheesy:

Pop up error messages? Did you post a screen shot of those?

the only time I ever seen pop up error messages with the repairs was when the tools in windows itself where crashing, that was one screwed up system. hard to fix if you cant even use the tools in windows itself lol

Shane

five star +  :wink: :cheesy: lol
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:19:35 pm by G-hot »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 07:48:35 pm »
Any progress?

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 07:53:07 pm »
Any progress?

Shane

Unfortunately, no!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 08:20:14 pm »
OK, so I will have a fix in the next version for the log problem now that I know why it is happening and with unicode chars being in the date and time and causing a ? in the string.

As for the other error, I googled it for setacl and no one else has reported it. Maybe it is a side effect of the log error since all the repairs want to write to it, so for now I say wait till the next version come Monday and then we can see how it does :-)

Shane