Author Topic: hardware network monitoring  (Read 8532 times)

Offline bonbonboi

• View Profile
    • FOX | Computer Services | Jordan
hardware network monitoring
« on: July 15, 2014, 08:15:38 am »
I am looking for a good program for network monitoring for hardware devices like status cpu temperature etc. i am interested in server/client module, any help ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: hardware network monitoring
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 10:13:20 am »
I know there are some out there but I havent used any so I dont know of any good ones.

I take it that you are looking for a program that allows you to monitor all these from one location and monitor multiple machines.

Also CPU temp all comes down to the motherboard and the cpu and if it is supported. But most newer cpus from the last few years all support it. Its just the older ones that some dont.

I had my old program CS Fire Monitor on my other site that had a remote function, but not sure how much it will do what you need, it is rather old now but still works.

As for other 3rd party ones I dont know of too many but I do know there are some.

Shane

Offline bonbonboi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 02:22:37 am »
Here is I found a simple tool called HWMonitor, has some basic network functionality, the idea of it that you  set PC A on the listening mode then on PC B you connect to PC A by it's IP Address and on Port 25021 TCP. It's so simple and no central management or any alerts could be configured to be sent to the admin. I like the idea for now, but can not use it since I cannot find a way to let it start minimized to the tray, if there is anyone could figure out how to start the HWMonitor minimized to the tray on Windows start-up, let me know  :undecided:

Offline bonbonboi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 03:22:03 am »
Here is I found a simple tool called HWMonitor, has some basic network functionality, the idea of it that you  set PC A on the listening mode then on PC B you connect to PC A by it's IP Address and on Port 25021 TCP. It's so simple and no central management or any alerts could be configured to be sent to the admin. I like the idea for now, but can not use it since I cannot find a way to let it start minimized to the tray, if there is anyone could figure out how to start the HWMonitor minimized to the tray on Windows start-up, let me know  :undecided:

I have found a little utility called "HWMontray" at http://sfkilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25

God bless the author of it

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 03:33:39 pm »
No bad, I will have to check those out when I have time :-)

Shane

Offline bonbonboi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 11:38:57 am »
No bad, I will have to check those out when I have time :-)

Shane

There is "PRTG Network Monitor"  but it's heavy on resources. I will keep you updated if I found  a simple lightweight network hardware monitor with alerts  :smiley: