Author Topic: PC won't boot !!!!!  (Read 10823 times)

Offline Darrob

• View Profile
PC won't boot !!!!!
« on: July 18, 2014, 10:43:53 pm »
I just had a M4A79T Deluxe Motherboard with a Penom II Processor, GeForce GT 640 Graphics Accelerator, New power Unit, 8 gig DDR3 RAM and my previous Hard Drive which has Windows 7 Ultimate installed. At first I couldn't get it to power up, so I had a Tech look at it and he got it going, Said all I should have to do is a repair for Windows,
That was 2 days ago and I still can't get it to boot up properly... When it first starts I get a message that Express Gate installation is incomplete.
It then goes to load Windows, gets to where the colours start to swirl and the stops, a little blue screen pops up for a second which makes it impossible to read, then auto reboots and goes into the repair screen...This doesn't fix the problem either.. I have tried it numerous times.
I have been able to get to Firefox through my Bit Defender option  which comes up on the same screen as the repair option.
I thought this program might be able to fix the problem but I can't even get it to open after I down load it.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone PLEASE help?????
  :confused: :angry: :cry:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PC won't boot !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 02:01:57 am »
If you tap F8 as you switch on, you should be able to select Disable auto restart on failure and that will give you a BSOD error code which could be 8C000002 (from a Google), but post what you get.

Express Gate is a feature of ASUS mobos to facilitate quick booting, so after booting up with F8 you may also be able to select Safe Mode with Networking and download it from ASUS (there's also a patch for it in Utilities), but from http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/245654-express-gate-installation-incomplete-asus-motherboard.html you should be able to disable it in the BIOS.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A79T_Deluxe/HelpDesk_Download/

How did you manage to download WR ?

I'm not sure from your post about the origin of that Win 7 Enterprise HDD because if that was a single licence registered to another motherboard, then it's not likely to work anyway without reactivation from MS if you can convince them a mobo change was essential.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 03:38:58 am by Boggin »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:26:28 pm »
All I use is Asus boards, the express gate you can disable in the bios :-)

Are you able to boot into safe mode at all?

Shane

Offline Darrob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 11:41:57 pm »
Hi
I can't get into safe mode and when I can get it to boot from the windows disk it still won't load windows..I can't even get it to download your programme, I can get into Firefox by using the Bitdefender rescue option at start up. At one point the other day it said that it was missing a media driver. I downloaded the latest version of all the drivers for the components and put them on a disk... but I can get them to install cause the pc isn't reading the disk.
I just tried to put it into safe mode again {f8] and the message I got was "enabling unleashing mode failed"

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 08:56:22 am »
Does it give you any other prompts with that error message such as pressing F2 to load default and continue ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:23:36 pm »
Ah the error enabling unleashing mode failed is motherboard related as well.

Looks like so far the system wont boot because of the motherboard.

Found a person with another asus board with the same error and the system wouldnt boot
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/321711-30-asus-m4a88t-enabling-unleashing-mode-failed

If your system isnt using raid or anything then you should be able to restore the default bios settings and see how that does for you. :wink:

Shane