Author Topic: Sudden printing dissabled (Solved)  (Read 10846 times)

Offline galeman

• View Profile
Sudden printing dissabled (Solved)
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:25:25 am »
Hi there,

I'm using W7.x64, nicely tweaked to boot faster by YAC (Yet Another Cleaner) and Glary UtilitiesPro. I installed and used perfectly my HP ColorJet 2550 printer for a month. Then, suddenly yesterday, like something is done in the Services or in the Registry of my W7, I've got a problem of no printing.   :shocked:
HP 2550 is ands was properly installed and set as a default printer. And it has a proper green sign OK for being a default printer (pic1). When I give an order to print a page (*.doc or *.pdf) it gives me immediately "Error printing" (pic2) and in Devices and Printers the green sign get some yellow triangle signed as "!" (pic3). It  reverts to a "green OK" immediately if I Cancel printing job.
I have tried your Windows repair (AllInOne) 2.8.2., but didn't made possible printing. I'd appreciate very much your advices, how to solve the problem and revert to printing jobs?  :thinking:
I attached some screen shots for clearer information I gave here. Picture 4 shows having a problem in Device manager only with Teredo Tunneling (?), which I really don't know what the use is and how came here.
Small notice: I'm making Internet connection through my separate LanCard because the integrated one died a year ago. Maybe this Teredo Tunneling came after installing the LanCard driver after installing the W7?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:42:58 am by galeman »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Sudden printing dissabled
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 12:40:18 pm »
IN the device manager you can right click on that and choose uninstall and then reboot.

Also go to the printer properties and go to the ports tab.

There you will see a check mark next to the port is using. Post a screen shot of that for me.

I have seen on a lot of Windows systems where for some reason Windows added the usb printing port a 2nd time or more, the printer was still using the first and didnt work. Setting it to the other usb port in the list fixed it. So lets see if that is what is happening here. :wink:

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 02:12:44 pm »
The Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface doesn't reinstate on the reboot as other devices do in Device Manager.

I had to fix this a while ago for someone else and before I advised uninstalling, I tried it myself after first creating a restore point and it didn't for me.

Went on a Google run and came across http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/how-to-install-teredo-tunneling-pseudo-interface/754c8f29-3a87-4e77-babd-a69c8910e17e but it may have Dependencies in Non-Plug and Play Drivers which you need to click on View/Show hidden devices in Device Manager to view.

I uninstalled it again and followed those steps and it came back in Device Manager.

If there's anything wrong in Non-Plug and Play Drivers, it will have a yellow alert against it and expanding, scroll down if needed until you come across the item with the alert.

For the most part I think they will reinstate on the reboot or Action/Scan for hardware changes after uninstalling - but always create a restore point first before making any changes - if in doubt, do nothing and post if you find any of them with a yellow alert against them.

Sometimes printing problems can arise because the Print Spooler has stopped for some reason in Services and this should be set to Started and Automatic and it's only Dependency is RPC and if that is stopped, then you would also have a myriad of other problems as well.

What's that other device with the yellow alert in Devices and Printers ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:23:15 pm by Boggin »

Offline galeman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 03:07:16 am »
IN the device manager you can right click on that and choose uninstall and then reboot.
Also go to the printer properties and go to the ports tab.
There you will see a check mark next to the port is using. Post a screen shot of that for me.
I have seen on a lot of Windows systems where for some reason Windows added the usb printing port a 2nd time or more, the printer was still using the first and didnt work. Setting it to the other usb port in the list fixed it. So lets see if that is what is happening here. :wink:
Shane

You were quite right Shane... The Port was wrong.  :cheesy:
Namely, by a default the printer was connected through the port LPT1. And it was wrong.
In ports tab, scroll totally down and find  port named: DOT4_001.
Enabled it and afterwards it printed instantly nice as Miss Moneypenny from J. Bond movies.
Of course, I restarted my PC and proofed again it's fixed and prints again.
Thanks Shane. I attach the Screen shoot of this port.

A very big Thank You to all the advices  :wink:

PS: Teredo Tunneling came after installing uTorrent where it offers us that Teredo Tunneling to be installed, but I didn't, so it stayed as "Unknown" because uTorrent works fine without it.

Offline galeman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 03:15:44 am »
The Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface doesn't reinstate on the reboot as other devices do in Device Manager.
I had to fix this a while ago for someone else and before I advised uninstalling, I tried it myself after first creating a restore point and it didn't for me.
Went on a Google run and came across http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/how-to-install-teredo-tunneling-pseudo-interface/754c8f29-3a87-4e77-babd-a69c8910e17e but it may have Dependencies in Non-Plug and Play Drivers which you need to click on View/Show hidden devices in Device Manager to view.
I uninstalled it again and followed those steps and it came back in Device Manager.
If there's anything wrong in Non-Plug and Play Drivers, it will have a yellow alert against it and expanding, scroll down if needed until you come across the item with the alert.
For the most part I think they will reinstate on the reboot or Action/Scan for hardware changes after uninstalling - but always create a restore point first before making any changes - if in doubt, do nothing and post if you find any of them with a yellow alert against them.
Sometimes printing problems can arise because the Print Spooler has stopped for some reason in Services and this should be set to Started and Automatic and it's only Dependency is RPC and if that is stopped, then you would also have a myriad of other problems as well.
What's that other device with the yellow alert in Devices and Printers ?

Thanks for the advice about Printing Spooler. Yes it must be enabled for  Automatic. But also, the right Port must be found and i found it is DOT4_001...  :wink:

Yellow Alert was written at my OS partition's problem as "Unknown device" because of Teredo!!    :shocked:
And Teredo Tunneling came after installing uTorrent where it offers us that Teredo Tunneling to be installed, but I didn't!
So it stayed as "Unknown" because uTorrent works fine without it. Should I install it in uTorrent, still?  :shy:

Thanks   :smiley:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sudden printing dissabled (Solved)
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 08:34:24 am »
I wouldn't use µTorrent because it can lead to serious infections.

You may not need Teredo  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/cc917486.aspx as the 6to4 adapter can perform similar functions, but as it's a default adapter and is showing with a fault, then reinstalling it should it ever be needed could be prudent.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 06:39:52 pm »
So your printing is working? Good to hear, looks like it was the same thing that I see happen all the time, now you know what to check for if it happens again :wink:

Shane

Offline galeman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 09:19:29 am »
So your printing is working? Good to hear, looks like it was the same thing that I see happen all the time, now you know what to check for if it happens again :wink:
Shane

Yes, thanks Shane...  :artist:

Offline galeman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 09:20:58 am »

You may not need Teredo  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/cc917486.aspx as the 6to4 adapter can perform similar functions, but as it's a default adapter and is showing with a fault, then reinstalling it should it ever be needed could be prudent.

Is Bittorrent better than uTorrent?  :undecided:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 10:02:58 am »

Is Bittorrent better than uTorrent?  :undecided:

BitTorrent and µTorrent are owned by the same company, but it's the way P2P programs can be exploited so you need to be careful in how you choose which to download http://www.wikihow.com/Safely-Download-Torrents

This article lists some other P2P programs you may be better off using and that you can Google for http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_utorrent_safe_to_use

I used to post on one forum where if you showed you were using P2P, because of their strict anti Piracy policy, they would refuse to help and close your thread.