Author Topic: Will AIO portable work when PC is booted to a PE environment from CD?  (Read 5408 times)

Offline mike212

• View Profile
I need to get my wife's PC fixed.  I'm trying to minimize the chances of anything going wrong and messing the system up worse because of possibly conflicting running processes on a live Windows system, and I was wondering about an alternative to a clean boot.

The only way to fully disable my A/V is to uninstall it, a clean boot won't cut it.  To make sure anti-malware software and other running processes don't interfere with Tweaking tools, is it viable to boot up to a PE environment (like MSDaRT or Hiren's) off of a CD and then run the portable version of the AIO?  Or does Windows absolutely have to running? 

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Will AIO portable work when PC is booted to a PE environment from CD?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 08:00:02 pm »
Windows has to be running because a lot of the repairs have to do with the registry, and also registering dll files and such, which when they are registered they write themselves to the registry. It is because of this the repairs have to be ran inside windows, so that it has proper access to its registry. :wink:

Shane