Author Topic: startup programs won’t loading ?  (Read 11665 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
startup programs won’t loading ?
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:05:41 am »
I have a strange problem of its kind 'startup programs load very slowly, where I noticed that the problem of the day, so surf the Internet and use the browser becoming too slow and boring!
And sometimes startup programs won’t loading

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: startup programs won’t loading ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:51:24 am »
Did you see if the hard drive is under a full load when that happens? Such as the hard drive light being fully lit up and not even blinking.

If so then it is slow because the system is waiting on the drive.

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:45:46 am »
Did you see if the hard drive is under a full load when that happens? Such as the hard drive light being fully lit up and not even blinking.

If so then it is slow because the system is waiting on the drive.

Shane

I think the hard drive is healthy, though not heard anything strange except laptop fan is functioning normally!  :smiley: We have a hot climate.  :wink: How will I know if the hard drive is under full load Is there programs that help with that?

yeah I think that Firefox mixing memory (high memory usage.) Causing other problems with the Windows system. Such that some of the "Startup Items" won’t loading became Firefox Uses a lot of memory resources.  So far, I think that everything is okay when it did reset Firefox & then reboot  :tongue:! My system became refreshed right now
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:00:11 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:06:52 pm »
How often do you shutdown your computer?

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:19:27 pm »
Go through, to Start> shut down.!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 01:11:32 pm »
lol, yes but I mean how often do you do it?

Every night when your done, every few days, weeks or do you leave it on all the time.

Also when was the last time you did a power drain on the hardware?

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 11:58:39 am »
I Gotcha  :smiley: :tongue: i do shut down Every night when im done of my pc ;) almost keep my pc running for 8 to 10 or 12 hour in the say

and how I did a power drain on the hardware?  :smiley:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 12:00:36 pm »
(Step 1) Shutdown and power off the computer.

(Step 2) Once the computer is powered off, unplug the power cord. If it is a laptop also remove the battery. It is important that any way for the system to keep getting power is unplugged or unhooked.

(Step 3) With the power cord unplugged and the battery removed (if you have one), hit the power button a few times as if you are trying to turn on the computer. When you do this and the computer tries to turn on, all the electricity is drained out of the system.

(Step 4) Plug the power cord back in and reinsert the battery (if you have one) and turn the computer on.

All done!

This trick is used on all forms of electronics. Computers, cell phones, routers, modems, TVs, DVD/Blue-Ray players and so on.

Have you ever heard someone say their computer wasn't working right, so they unhooked it, took it to a computer repair shop and when they got there the system was working fine?
This is because the power had drained out of the system!

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 12:03:18 pm »

(Step 2) Once the computer is powered off, unplug the power cord. If it is a laptop also remove the battery. It is important that any way for the system to keep getting power is unplugged or unhooked.

(Step 3) With the power cord unplugged and the battery removed (if you have one), hit the power button a few times as if you are trying to turn on the computer. When you do this and the computer tries to turn on, all the electricity is drained out of the system.

(Step 4) Plug the power cord back in and reinsert the battery (if you have one) and turn the computer on.

All done!

This trick is used on all forms of electronics. Computers, cell phones, routers, modems, TVs, DVD/Blue-Ray players and so on.

Have you ever heard someone say their computer wasn't working right, so they unhooked it, took it to a computer repair shop and when they got there the system was working fine?

Shane

thank , I will give this a try. than back to you  :wink:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 12:35:12 pm »
You don't really need any programs in your Start up.

Go Start - type msconfig - press enter and under the Startup tab, check which ones are already unchecked if any and then click on Disable all - Apply - OK - Restart.

After it has rebooted, reboot it again to see what your Start up time is like.

It's also quite possible you've amassed a fair bit in the Temp folder that will remain even when a computer is regularly shut down and this can slow a computer up.

Go Start - type %temp% and press enter - if there's a substantial amount in there then click on Organize - Select all - Organize - Delete - then empty the Recycle Bin - again, checking the boot up time.

Also go Start - type disk cleanup and right click on Disk Cleanup and Run as an administrator.

If either of the steps to clean out files is substantial then follow that up with a Defrag.

An infection can also slow up a computer so run a malware scan with a robust scanner.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:41:26 pm by Boggin »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 06:33:42 pm »

All done!

Shane

Unfortunately, I had to do formate my computer So do I need to did a power drain on this new windows system ?  :artist:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 06:35:37 pm »
You don't really need any programs in your Start up.

Go Start - type msconfig - press enter and under the Startup tab, check which ones are already unchecked if any and then click on Disable all - Apply - OK - Restart.

After it has rebooted, reboot it again to see what your Start up time is like.

It's also quite possible you've amassed a fair bit in the Temp folder that will remain even when a computer is regularly shut down and this can slow a computer up.

Go Start - type %temp% and press enter - if there's a substantial amount in there then click on Organize - Select all - Organize - Delete - then empty the Recycle Bin - again, checking the boot up time.

Also go Start - type disk cleanup and right click on Disk Cleanup and Run as an administrator.

If either of the steps to clean out files is substantial then follow that up with a Defrag.

An infection can also slow up a computer so run a malware scan with a robust scanner.

Unfortunately, I have to do formate my computer  :smiley: And got everything is fixed  :wink: