Author Topic: Windows Repair didn't retain RB settings after updating  (Read 5783 times)

Offline neroilo

• View Profile
Windows Repair didn't retain RB settings after updating
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:58:35 am »
1) Windows Repair 2.8.8 installer didn't retain Registry Backup settings after updating.
I had to restore them manually.

2) I set this custom WR path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Repair (All in One)", but the setup log is constantly updated in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Setup_Log.txt"

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:13:37 pm by neroilo »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair didn't retain RB settings after updating
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:17:03 am »
1) Windows Repair 2.8.8 installer didn't retain Registry Backup settings after updating.
I had to restore them manually.

The installer overwrites the settings.ini file in the registry backup folder. I have it set that way for when I make changes since I normally exspect people to only use with with the program. I modified the setup installer to not overwrite it. So that will be that way on the next update :-)

2) I set this custom WR path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Repair (All in One)", but the setup log is constantly updated in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Setup_Log.txt"

This comes back to the installer again. I have the log set to go into the program folder of the program. The problem is the log file begins at the start of the setup, so it is saving in the default path of the installer. So after the install is done the installer doesnt move the log file, which is silly that it doesnt.

The log file normally would be saved to the windows folder, but I changed it since some users wanted to see the install log and find it easier.

I am thinking I need to change the log path back to the windows folder instead so that it doesnt create the default folders for just the log file. The installer normally defaults the log to "%WindowsFolder%\%ProductName% Setup Log.txt" I think I will set it back to that in all the installers.

Shane