Author Topic: How To Erase Files From a CD-RW Disc ?  (Read 15553 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
How To Erase Files From a CD-RW Disc ?
« on: August 30, 2014, 04:31:26 pm »
I have a burning a CD already, but I do not need it and  now I decided to do Erased. But how?

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: How To Erase Files From a CD-RW Disc ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 03:48:00 am »
Usually there is an erase option in whatever burning program you use. I use Ashampoo burning studio free. Or you can follow MS's instructions here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/erase-cd-dvd#1TC=windows-7

Hope that helps you G?

Samson.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 05:06:15 am »
thats isn’t help in any way i have many burning program and unable to do a Erase ! :sad:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:53:46 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 07:04:05 am »
Are you sure you are using a -RW and not just a -R as once a -R is burned, those files can't be erased.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 08:37:49 am »
Are you sure you are using a -RW and not just a -R as once a -R is burned, those files can't be erased.

I used  sony cd-r 700 mb , I used this Type, in order to make the burning of Windows XP, and now I want to burn Windows 7 !

and not enough experience to understand the types of CD lol  :wink: :cheesy:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 08:58:07 am »
Perhaps this will help  :smiley: http://www.discwizards.com/articles/Glossary-CD-DVD-Blu-ray-HD-DVD-types.htm

If you are going to create a bootable Win 7 disk then you will need a -R DVD as the ISOs are a little over 3GB http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

You can use either those on the home page or the Media Refresh editions.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:02:24 am by Boggin »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 09:02:07 am »

I used  sony cd-r 700 mb , I used this Type, in order to make the burning of Windows XP, and now I want to burn Windows 7 !

There's the clue  :wink:

A CD-R can only be burned to once, whereas a CD-RW can be burned to multiple times.

Samson.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 09:35:03 am »
Perhaps this will help  :smiley: http://www.discwizards.com/articles/Glossary-CD-DVD-Blu-ray-HD-DVD-types.htm

If you are going to create a bootable Win 7 disk then you will need a -R DVD as the ISOs are a little over 3GB http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

You can use either those on the home page or the Media Refresh editions.

Yeah, I want to make a bootable window 7 ultimate with no sp 1 and I'm going to try a dvd-re 4.7gb so how many dvd gb i need for it?  :smiley:
thank   :tongue:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:38:59 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 09:36:34 am »

There's the clue  :wink:

A CD-R can only be burned to once, whereas a CD-RW can be burned to multiple times.

Samson.

Lol, now I understand it!  :wink:

thank  :tongue:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 09:44:26 am »
I'm not sure if you can still get a Win 7 ISO without SP1.

When you click on the Here link next to the Media Refresh in the link for the Win 7 ISOs, it takes you to another page and gives the size of Ultimate as ~3.243GB and you put it onto just one DVD.

Not sure what you are using as a burner but you can use http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool to create either a bootable USB/DVD.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 09:59:23 am »
I'm not sure if you can still get a Win 7 ISO without SP1.

When you click on the Here link next to the Media Refresh in the link for the Win 7 ISOs, it takes you to another page and gives the size of Ultimate as ~3.243GB and you put it onto just one DVD.

Not sure what you are using as a burner but you can use http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool to create either a bootable USB/DVD.

Alright then, I download window 7 ultimate with no sp 1 ISO file yesterday, and the size is 2.38gb of window 7 ultimate with no sp 1 But I do not know if X17-59463 is infected or not!

anyway i have this:

CDBurnerXP

ImgBurn

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 FREE

IsoBurner

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 10:10:32 am »
Don't know the other burners but ImgBurn will do fine, although you could use the Windows one that I've linked.

Are you sure that doesn't have SP1 included and where did you get it from and did you want the 32 bit version ?

That number tallies with the SP1 version at http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/page-2#post-124821

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 10:27:08 am »
Don't know the other burners but ImgBurn will do fine, although you could use the Windows one that I've linked.

no problem  :smiley:

Are you sure that doesn't have SP1 included and where did you get it from and did you want the 32 bit version ?

yeah im sure and i got it from this site http://www.techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/

and i already have a 32 bit version

That number tallies with the SP1 version at http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/page-2#post-124821

Maybe I'll try that later  :artist:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 01:17:41 pm »
They all include SP1 at your linked site, but the size is small compared the site I linked you to.

If you have already created a bootable disk from that ISO - give it a try by booting up with it to see if it is an ISO.

If it boots up, navigate to the splash screen and select Repair your Computer which should take you to the Recovery Environment when you can remove the disk and Restart or Shutdown.

I had problems on this machine downloading the HP 64bit version and noticed its size was just over 2GB instead of its usual 3.09GB and when I tried to burn it, I got the error message that no ISO file was found.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 05:15:34 am »
They all include SP1 at your linked site, but the size is small compared the site I linked you to.
I noticed that when I had a burning DVDs! Now, why we have different sizes of the same ISO file?

If you have already created a bootable disk from that ISO - give it a try by booting up with it to see if it is an ISO.
I have already set up a boot disk for window 7 ultimate and this is the first time I create a boot disk for window 7 ultimate and it seems a bootable!

If it boots up, navigate to the splash screen and select Repair your Computer which should take you to the Recovery Environment when you can remove the disk and Restart or Shutdown.

I was thinking to repair windows but have changed my mind and did not go to repair! Because there are many problems in the operating system, which I had to do a formate!

I had problems on this machine downloading the HP 64bit version and noticed its size was just over 2GB instead of its usual 3.09GB and when I tried to burn it, I got the error message that no ISO file was found.
If you have that problem then you should clean the temporary Internet files and cache files. Using CCleaner! If this did not help maybe there is a problem somewhere!

I have the same problem when I try to burn the ISO file to DVD using my laptop cd & dvd Device and There is a message that says I used a bad quality Device!! However, if you keep getting the error message then, I would suggest that you have a external cd & dvd USB Device like i have one.  :wink: http://www.amazon.com/External-CD-RW-DVD-RW-Combo-Drive/dp/B004CFDJ2A

Always get error messages when I try to burn the ISO file using burning software.! But probably the error messages appear when we have bad CD and DVD Device https://cdburnerxp.se/help/appendices/disctypes
Code: [Select]
Burning error occurred
An error occurred when burning the disc. Most likely the disc is not usable. Usually these errors happen if the inserted media is not compatible to the drive or of poor quality.
Exception from HResul: 0x8004029E
https://forum.cdburnerxp.se/topic/9327-can-no-longer-burn-on-newest-versions/

if you have a external cd & dvd USB Device give them a try  :smiley:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:01:09 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 08:56:57 am »
I was wondering if it had been because I'd downloaded it a couple of times - I had no problem downloading a Pro 64 bit version as I could use that for an offboot sfc /scannow and when you remove the eicfg file, you then have an universal install disk down overs.

If I'd known you wanted the install disk for after a reformat because of system errors, you could have booted up with the disk and selected Repair your Computer and selected Command Prompt to run an offboot sfc /scannow which may have negated the need to reformat.

Enter bcdedit |find "osdevice" then using whichever letter it gives for the partition enter (assuming C: )

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\Windows and that checks your system files against a clean copy.

I've only ever known that to fail to repair all files once and that was for a missing .dll which wasn't a system file.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 11:39:32 am »
I was wondering if it had been because I'd downloaded it a couple of times - I had no problem downloading a Pro 64 bit version as I could use that for an offboot sfc /scannow and when you remove the eicfg file, you then have an universal install disk down overs.

If I'd known you wanted the install disk for after a reformat because of system errors, you could have booted up with the disk and selected Repair your Computer and selected Command Prompt to run an offboot sfc /scannow which may have negated the need to reformat.

Enter bcdedit |find "osdevice" then using whichever letter it gives for the partition enter (assuming C: )

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\Windows and that checks your system files against a clean copy.

I've only ever known that to fail to repair all files once and that was for a missing .dll which wasn't a system file.

Perhaps I'll try this next time Thanks! :)  :wink:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 06:42:41 pm »
Hey Boggin, What is the best "burning program" in your opinion?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 12:57:50 am »
Hey Boggin, What is the best "burning program" in your opinion?

While I have Nero preinstalled on this laptop (which I've never used), other than the Win 7 USB/DVD burner I've used to create Win 7 Install disks - I find ImgBurn very easy to use which also has a variable speed setting, but it normally defaults to the slowest which gives best results. http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn

This isn't the author's site, but from FileHippo you don't have to worry about it including any PuPs.