Author Topic: print screen does not print the actual screen but only letters in word 2007  (Read 10234 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                   It was working perfectly. Whenever i do the print screen and copies to word, it does the exact print screen. Of late this is not happening and it only pastes the words in the screen, and that too to a limited extent. how to overcome this problem.

The word is opening as a stretched one and the cursor blinking is not usual but a little bit bigger font.
                   Update:  My desktop is showing as if stretched. I use 1024 768 resolutions. Landscape. Do i have to change something. What is the default values
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:11:59 am by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: print screen does not print the actual screen but only letters in word 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:44:17 pm »
I have never actually heard of print screen doing that. The prtscn button on the keyboard just tells windows to do a quick screen shot of the entire desktop and thats it.

Do you have any 3rd party program installed that might be changing it?

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 03:55:23 am »
Hi, Shane, I have checked for all com in add in etc. There is nothing in it.
                   Would you please tell the trick to default monitor settings for 700e lg monitor, crt monitor.
Is that any thing to do with the stretched view?. How to correct it?
                     Pl do not think that it is another question.If it is the reason, then i could set default so that every viewing is normal.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:20:28 am »
The monitor itself doesnt matter on how Windows takes a screen shot. I searched and there is no way for the prtscn function to capture only words.

Are you sure you simply didnt have something already on the system clip board and when you hit prtscn it simply didnt take the screen shot, or did it actuly show up as a picture with only words? If so post the screen for me so i can see.

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 04:41:03 pm »
Going to the computer or motherboard support site and downloading the graphics drivers can sometimes resolve the stretched screen, but had you hit any keys that could have changed the resolution ?

Sometimes pressing CTRL+0 can normalise a screen.

Also go into Device Manager/Display adapters - right click on the adapter then select Properties and check its status to see if it's working properly.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:52:13 pm by Boggin »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 02:11:57 am »
Hi, The print screen problem was solved by restoring the word to default settings, by this excellent tip. The link is the only one that gave me the solution. I give this link and forum members who would have customized some of the settings or affected by com in by third party program to weird behaviour of initial word screens.
http://wordribbon.tips.net/T012864_Factory_Default_Settings_for_Word.html
                       But Shane, I want the solution to stretched display setting. Would any one has the default monitior settings of 700e lg monitor crt monitor. I meddled with the display settings hope to have a default settings button, but it was not found. Boggins, any idea.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 05:44:04 am »
Have you tried downloading the graphics drivers yet to try and resolve the stretched screen ?

Usually for the resolution - at least in a laptop - in Display > Adjust Resolution or Change Display Settings will give a Recommended setting in the dropdown where you can use the slider to decrement, so I would think that this setting would be the "Default" setting for your monitor if your settings are the same.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 05:55:03 am »
Yes. The default resolution suitable for my monitor is 1024 768. When i select any other , it gives a yellow exclamatory warning. So, I think there is no problem. I mentioned that i meddled with monitor default settings, and even control zero would not fix this problem. If you could find the default reading, i could not find it in LG website for my monitor which is older version. The word stretched has something to do with change in the default settings. That was corrected by the solution given in my link in the previous post. I think that problem would have started, when i would have copied some texts from website and that would have made some changes. That was corrected.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 06:01:47 am »
I have AMD graphics on this laptop and I'm able to open the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) where it has a "Home" page with a button for Default as well as a side menu to adjust various settings which may have more to do with the stretch than the actual screen resolution.

A Google for how to default reset your graphics may produce some links but I think I would still go for the graphics driver update first.

Edit - We were posting at the same time.

So what exactly are you looking for now ?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 06:05:04 am by Boggin »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 06:07:49 am »
Hi, I enabled the google email notifier pro free version, which gives immediate response of any email. I am looking for some excel problems and solutions. I already updated the intel drivers for my system from INTEL
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 06:10:03 am by jraju »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 06:43:18 am »
So does that mean you have resolved the monitor resolution and the stretch problems ?

As for Excel, it depends upon the problems you have - came across this which may or not help http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/define-and-solve-a-problem-by-using-solver-HP010342416.aspx

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 08:23:48 pm »
Hi, I reset the word, so i resolved Word problem. The screen stretched still remains, and hence i want the default monitor settings for lg 700 e crt monitor.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 12:56:19 am »
I still think that this is a graphics problem rather than the monitor if the resolution is set to recommended.

What is the make & model of your GPU and when you right click on it in Device Manager and select Properties, what is its status ?