Author Topic: Envelope Printer - Canon MX882 Printer  (Read 8789 times)

Offline alexpotter

• View Profile
Envelope Printer - Canon MX882 Printer
« on: September 13, 2014, 07:28:07 am »
I love the concept of this program, but sadly, I can't get it to work for me.  It does not seem to know that on the Canon MX882 printer, the envelopes feed in the center of the paper path, not against the edge.  The result is that all address information prints on the envelop about 2.8" too low which means the "to" address doesn't even fit on the envelope (US official #10 envelope).  Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?  I sure would appreciate some help.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Envelope Printer - Canon MX882 Printer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:13:28 pm »
Intresting, normally it isnt a problem because when you tell the printer what paper size to use it adjusts for it. My program simply sets the paper size and then the X & y cords to where it should print. Using the paper size as the area it is allow to printer to.

On my printer if I tell it to print from the normal paper tray then it prints starting at the left, but when I tell it to print from the manual tray it pulls in through the middle, and the print comes out fine.

So yours is pulling from the center, just like my printer does, but for some reason it sounds like it is treating it as it is a full sized paper instead of an envelope. When you choose the envelope size in the program do you choose one of the printer supported ones or one of the custom ones?

Also I just put out v1.5.2 of the program, so make sure to try the new version as well :-)

Shane

Offline alexpotter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 04:45:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  :smiley:  I did just install v1.5.2.

If I select "Custom - US Official 10," printing is still way off as I said in my initial post.  If I choose "Printer Supported: 20," the return address prints in the correct place, but I think the "to" address should print about 1" lower and 1.5" more to the right.  Am I being too picky?

I appreciate your help.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 04:50:17 pm »
Ah, you printer doesnt support the custom ones. That is all up to the printer driver, and normally only printer drivers that support post script will accept custom page sizes. So you have to use the printer supported one.

The program puts the delivery address directly in the middle of the envelope and does the math for that based on the font size as well. It does it in the middle because when I had it go a little lower and someone had a bigger font then the address wouldnt fit. So the program centers it, and it does take the font size into account as well :-)

Try some different font sizes and you will see what I am talking about.

Shane

Offline alexpotter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 11:15:27 am »
Thanks for the quick response; it all makes sense.  I experimented with several fonts as you suggested and I see what you mean about the address positioning.

Cool program. Thanks for your help.  :smiley:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 10:37:11 pm »
Happy to help :-)

Shane