Author Topic: I need help please  (Read 10972 times)

Offline Yousra

• View Profile
I need help please
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:21:24 am »
Good morning
First I would like to thank you for your program :smiley:
My laptop is not functioning properly, there is no internet connection what's so ever. If I open a window and I close it I get this message: there is a problem with explorer.exe and can not execute. When I open the explorer internet I get a message saying: preparing to install. I do not know what it is installing! Now I am working in the safe mode with net connection. I tried to find a solution on line and I found this software, I downloaded it, but it doesn't work fully in the safe mode, it didn't open in the normal mode, so I tried to do repair the window in the safe mode, but it failed at the 2nd step:  Reset File Permissions: C:
I tried to troubleshoot the problem but it didn't show any thing

I have a Toshiba laptop
windows 7 home premium
system 64 bit
Intel core, i5

So what can I do?  :sad:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I need help please
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 02:53:50 pm »
Hi Yousra and Welcome,

Event Viewer may give you more info on this, but had you downloaded anything prior to this happening as you could have inadvertently picked up malicious bundled unwanted software.

Using your restore points prior to this happening can sometimes resolve, but create a restore point then download/run AdwCleaner from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Click on Scan and it may list some items in the lower window which you can uncheck any you want to keep as it can snag legit programs.

Having done that if needed, click on Report when the scan has completed and a report will open in Notepad with what it has found.

Close Notepad then click on Clean and follow the prompts where it will produce another report after the reboot with what it has removed.

You can also run MS Security Scanner should it be malware rather than adware http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

If it's still a no go then perform a clean boot http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

This will isolate all of your Start up programs except your AV program which will have been isolated in Safe Mode with Networking.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:16:02 pm by Boggin »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 09:01:11 pm »
Hi yousra
                      You could try this also
1. CTRL-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager.
2. Click File | New Task(run).
3. Type regedit in the Run box and click OK.
4. Browse to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution.options

5. Under this key there will be subkeys named explorer.exe and iexplorer.exe. Delete the explorer and iexplorer keys entirely. They should not be listed under the Image File Execution.Options key.
6. Close the Registry Editor.
7. Restart the computer.
                        This will work, if your computer does not have any other malwares that kills explorer files like class
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 01:38:41 pm »
My program is trying to run tweaking_rati.exe in the files folder. Go check and make sure the file is there, also there is a tweaking_rati.exe.manifest file there. Open it with notepade amd make sure it has text in it.

I had a user with the same problem, turned out he had bad sectors on the hard drive and the tweaking_rati.exe.manifest was on a bad secotr and so was corrupted, opening it up in notepad showed it was all just spaces. I replaced the file and then the repairs ran.

I am thinking about adding a MD5 check to certain files in the program. If the registry files or any of the others end up corrupted then they could make things worse. I have the program check for missing files but I think it is time to have it check that all the files are how they should be.

Shane

Offline Yousra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 04:47:31 am »
So many thanks for your input,
 but unfortunately, my laptop started to go down quickly so I reformated with windows 7 ultimate, and now I have a new problem, I can not set up office 2013, I always get this message: The language of this installation package is not suported by your system. Then I downloaded office 2013 language pack, again, even this program refused to set up and it says: This program requires windows 7, windows server 2008 R2, or a newer operating system.

Can help me to solve this problem please :sad:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 12:57:14 pm »
If you have problems even after a fresh install then you might very well have bad sectors on the drive.

Open a cmd.exe as administrator. Then in that window type in

chkdsk c: /r

And then hit enter, it will say the drive is in use and would you like to schedule it, hit Y

Then reboot, before windows comes up it should start doing a chkdsk on the drive. This will take a while, if it doesnt start try the process again.

After the chkdsk is done you can go to the event viewer to see the results. Post those results for me :wink:

Shane

Offline Yousra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 05:39:50 am »
goodmorning

I got this message: Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode

What does it mean "elevated mode? and what shoul I do

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 09:10:39 am »
Elevated mode means you have to run it as an administrator.

To run any .exe as an admin, right click on it and select Run as administrator, so go Start Orb > type cmd.exe > right click on cmd then select Run as administrator > accept the UAC then type chkdsk /r

To view the chkdsk log in Event Viewer go Start Orb > type eventvwr and press enter.

When it has read the logs click on Windows Logs then on application and look for a Wininit entry.

If you don't see one, right click on Application > click on Find then type chkdsk or wininit in the box and press enter.

You can then close the box to read the log.

Offline Yousra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 12:15:03 pm »
Good afternoon
I did a second reformat for every thing including the Toshiba and Intel drivers and thanks God, the problem is solved
Thank you so very much for your support

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 12:16:07 pm »
Good to hear  you are all fixed up :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 07:42:39 pm »
Hi, Yousra
                        go to your first post in this thread and click edit and then add solved before the title before saving. It will be known that thread has got the solution
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".