Author Topic: Corrupt/Missing Winsxs manafest: No DVD in System  (Read 5760 times)

Offline dbtweak

• View Profile
Corrupt/Missing Winsxs manafest: No DVD in System
« on: October 01, 2014, 01:06:00 pm »
Can you add a feature for WinRepair?

Fix corrupt Winsxs Manfest files after SFC /scannow run
1a. Scan CBSLog.txt for corrupt files
1b. List those corruptions
2a. Find the file(s) in manifest archive [browse for expanded Install.wim folder and the subfolder(s)
2b. Copy to proper folder in c:\windows\...

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt/Missing Winsxs manafest: No DVD in System
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 06:00:59 pm »
That would be a LOT of work to code, but I could see it being a useful tool.

I will think about building a tool like that down the road :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: Corrupt/Missing Winsxs manafest: No DVD in System
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:05:46 am »
Hi, Shane, Some times this log list not too important files, that are not needed like image my picture and other files.
                      But the suggestion is welcome and if Shane could list only the corrupted files or damaged files and allow this to be copied to proper locations, it would be a boon to all those who are having those problems.
                        But while the installation files in the system store are corrupt, these files are to be copied from the original DVD and not from suspicious sites. Here there are problems. There are so many versions of Windows. For eg. Windows 7 have more than 8 versions. The files for each type of os, for eg windows 7 ultimate is different from other versions. Sevenfourms have dealt with this in their article which is given in the link.
                                  So, if there are corrupted files present in the windows, it has to be replaced by the one in original dvd as per the OS versions. This link gives the procedure of how to copy corrupted files from DVD. It differs from Version to Version. Shane, i give below the link
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/42776-extract-files-windows-7-installation-dvd.html
                                      My concern is replacing corrupted files from the system , if it is damaged or corrupt could not produce the desired results.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".