Author Topic: 0x80070005 error  (Read 23053 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 0x80070005 error
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 01:45:21 pm »
What about downloading the Chipset drivers to see if that improves matters ?

Offline ruggb

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 03:59:34 pm »
yeah, I'm about to do that. Just have to get other things done first.
That would probably be the only one it would be.
I don't know if anything relative to this would be in the BIOS but I did upgrade that maybe 1-2 months ago.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 04:44:40 pm »
Odd, only time I see a battery do that is when the battery is shot and the cells are not holding a charge.

But at the same time, just last night while I was working my Windows 8.1 machine (I hate Windows 8, cant wait for 10) and then all of a sudden vmware just crashed and wouldnt open, said internal error. I have a ups and have the usb from the ups plugged into the system so I can see when I go to battery for any reason. I look down at my battery icon and it says plugged in, not charging. Just happened out of no where.

So I rebooted Windows and vmware started working again and the battery icon was working again. Just really odd how it would just flip out while I am in the middle of writing code.

So I say for you, to find out if it is the battery or windows is to take Windows out of the mix for a test. Download Ubuntu and you can run it right off the cd or usb without installing it. Then you can see how the battery reports there. If the battery shows the same problem then you know it is the battery. If the battery shows fine and proper then you know it is Windows :wink:

Shane

Offline ruggb

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 06:10:04 pm »
I'll try that BUT why would windoz even be in the mix if it does not chg when off or when on with no HDD in it?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 12:02:41 pm »
I'll try that BUT why would windoz even be in the mix if it does not chg when off or when on with no HDD in it?

Good point, but I want to cover all the bases. Perhaps it is because I have been answering a dozen other posts so I may have missed some info when I was reading through. I thought it was Windows that was reporting it that way, if it isnt even charging past the 30% mark when it is powered off then it is most likely a bad battery and the cells simply wont hold a charge.

I found that the built in battery test are normally useless, so many times it has reported the battery was good when it wasnt.

A lot of users dont realize that when the battery is fully charged they need to unplug the power. If they dont and they keep using the system plugged in then the battery charges and then loses a little power then charges again. That will kill a battery dead in about 3 months. (Same with anything with batteries including phones) and so the trick is to us it unplugged till it is down to at least 20% then fulling charge it. Doing that will make it last for a few years.

If you are going to be working on it a long time and the battery is charged then pop out the battery. :wink:

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 02:41:53 pm »
I don't know if HWMonitor would pick up if bad cells but it will show the wear level - but it would still charge up to show 100% even when the voltage is well below max because of a high wear level.

Anyway, see what it displays http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html