Author Topic: (Solved) Even trusted Avast was found spying  (Read 6352 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
(Solved) Even trusted Avast was found spying
« on: October 23, 2014, 06:01:22 am »
Hi,
              Shane, I happen to see this link, which is self explanatory.
http://www.howtogeek.com/199829/avast-antivirus-was-spying-on-you-with-adware-until-this-week/
                    So whenever a person is beginning to trust that it it a very safe program every antivirus program is trying to spy the sites every one goes.
              I want your considered views on the article. How to disable those settings , as described in the article
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:23:46 am by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Even trusted Avast was found spying
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:46:59 am »
I dont trust any of them, there are here to make money, not make us happy lol

But in the article it shows that avast disabled the spying for now.

Before we go even one step further, it’s important to note that they recently disabled the spying “shopping” feature in their browser extension. So if you are running the latest Chrome with extensions updated, you are fine. For now.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: Even trusted Avast was found spying
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 04:22:30 am »
Hi, shane,
                 I have and so many others have written to Avast web forum and it is still going strong with users questioning the avast free hand of spying all the website the users and their stubborn reply of accepting privacy policy during the time of installation. I do not thing, that if i give the link, you might be able to see, as replies or threads open only when you log in. Is it correct or could I give the link. Descriptive replies are there but there is no reason, why they have suddenly stopped once it is appeared in How to geek com. This is the point.
                          comparing all this, I think that MSE is safe and dependable. Cnet used to be the best download site some years ago, when i start learning downloads and computer articles, but now it is injecting babylon tool bars, which changes thousands of entries in the registries so no one could simply delete the tool bar. Thanks Shane
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".