Main Forum > General Computer Support

erunt gui

(1/8) > >>

peterr:
Hello
I've studied everything you can find but am having trouble getting started. Once it went to a folder I performed a system restore to escape.
If someone has time and interest I'd appreciate some help but understand this is not really trouble solving.
I click on ERUNT GUI 1.5 and download it to desktop. There I can either open it or extract the contents.
My problem is that it wants to go to C:\, users, us which everything seems to want to do -i don't know if it is a default folder.
When I see the tutorials it seems that Windows is the folder for ERDNT and I thought ERUNT too. For the traditional ERUNT I would need ERDNT for recovery and an ERUNT folder for back up. With the new program I don't think I need either.
Can I make a folder on desktop and extract or open to that folder?
From there I think I click on set up - correct? This grphic interface is suppose to be for non advanced users like me but it seems there is more than one way to get it done.
If you have a moment pplease fill in the blanks as I would love to have the program installed for a 7 day backup which can be done within the program...
Peter

Shane:
I have never used the erunt gui.

I have plans of making one my self down the road when things calm down a little.

Give me a link to the gui and I will take a look  :wink:

Shane

peterr:
I rearched so many sites that I have forgotten which I tried.
I Google ERUNT GUI 1.5 and it seems as though the "extract" or "open" wants to go to C:\users, us.
I am trying not to have everything go there unless it belongs there.
I was thinking of creating a folder[ERUNT} on my desktop and extracting to it then opening the program from there.
With the plain ERUNT I think you needed both the ERUNT folder to backup and the ERDNT folder to restore but with the new interface it seems once the program is installed you can run backup, restore, optimize from the program's box itself.
I downloaded and extracted but got mixed up so did the system restore.
I think if I knew the steps to install, I could easilt run the program from there. Even the "options" box allows you to choose # of days etc.
It was nice of you to respond and I thank you.
Peter

Shane:
Found the download link
http://majorgeeks.com/ERUNTgui_d6624.html

It looks like the setup chooses "C:\ERUNTgui" by default. But you can click the browse button and have it install anywhere you like :wink:

Shane

peterr:
Thank you and I will let you know how it goes.
Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version