Author Topic: Windows 8.1 applications bug  (Read 6343 times)

Offline vaorin

• View Profile
Windows 8.1 applications bug
« on: November 11, 2014, 01:11:38 pm »
Hi,
I used windows repair all in one because my applications didn't work, and now it's worst i can't open any of my application even the windows store, and there is a little cross in the bottom right corner of every apps.
Thank you for your solutions
Regards

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 8.1 applications bug
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 06:44:28 pm »
The windows repair would have made a registry backup before the repairs, go ahead and have it restore the registry backup it made and that will put you back to the way you where before the repairs :-)

The X's on the apps are almost always related to permissions, the program set the default permissions for windows, so you must have something different on your system. Once you restore the registry I wouldnt mind taking a look so I can see what is different about your system and perhaps I can improve the repairs :-)

Shane

Offline vaorin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 01:03:39 pm »
Thanks for your reply, can you explain me how to restore windows ? I tried it but I didn't find the backup
Thank you

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 02:58:41 am »
If you can open the admin command prompt, enter DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and post what it reports for Shane to interpret.

You could also run the command sfc /scannow to see what that reports.

If you have problems running either of those commands, you may be able to execute them in Safe Mode http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/ss/windows-8-safe-mode.htm