Author Topic: SOUND CARD QUITS LESS THAN 2 MINUTES AFTER A REBOOT  (Read 24614 times)

Offline HDCOUNTRYGUY

• View Profile
Re: SOUND CARD QUITS LESS THAN 2 MINUTES AFTER A REBOOT
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 07:37:32 pm »
SHANE,
i don't think i did that!  not sure how to do it?  i've looked through many tabs before but never recognized anything related to the onboard sound.

any ideas what i might look for and where i might find this?

in my manual under bios setup utility ---> advanced  ------>  onchip audio select [hd audio]  choices disabled, or hd audio; i will check this item now!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 07:49:37 pm »
in my manual under bios setup utility ---> advanced  ------>  onchip audio select [hd audio]  choices disabled, or hd audio; i will check this item now!

Correct :-) And disable anything else you dont use, 1394 port, parallel port, serial port, floppy disk drive (If you dont have one) All these can be turned off in the bios, if you dont use them then disable them, and you get that many more free irq's  :wink:

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 08:17:17 pm »
Hi, Please see this link also. It refers to adjusting of IRQ in sound blaster in win xp 64
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/88350-45-change-assignments
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline HDCOUNTRYGUY

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 09:34:29 am »
HI GUYS,

I haven't given up yet!  I am not able to find how to change the acpi hal to std pc hal both in bios or device manager?  i am convinced that the only way for this audigy Rx to work will be to set a dedicated IRQ.  Although seems like they are all already in use by something so not sure when i'm able to which one to delete or share with rather than the 4 on IRQ 16. 

Also, since my last post I did check the on board sound like i said i would and it was disabled already, so for laughs i made it hd audio and moved my speaker input to the mother board audio out and everything worked fine so i know it can play.  actually, did not sound too bad but i hate to conceed this problem.  i have learned a lot dealing with this issue from you experts.  i don't have too much time this week to experiment but if there is any further advise i am ready will and able to proceed.  btw, if there is a sound board that is more friendly to use i am open to suggestion.
In the past the sound blasters have always been a no brainer, my i was just lucky then?

thank you, H-D

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 10:29:05 am »
http://www.asus.com/supportonly/A8V-X/HelpDesk_Manual/

Section 1.8.3 shows the IRQ assignments and sharing, which may be of help in determining your choice.