Author Topic: startup issues  (Read 6292 times)

Offline bmawson

• View Profile
startup issues
« on: December 02, 2014, 05:09:52 pm »
When I start my laptop (Windows 7 and Office 2010) it often cycles through these errors, shutting down each .

1. DCOM Server Process Launcher failed .
2. Plug & Play Service terminated unexpectedly.
3. Power Service Terminated unexpectedly.

I suspect this error has been caused by CC Cleaner or Java.  I have run Java updates, but subsequently uninstalled all Java, but problem still exists.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: startup issues
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:35:02 pm »
Have you done all windows updates? If so and you have all updates installed open the windows disk cleaner and have it clean every option. One of the new options is the windows updates cleanup, which will help repair the winsxs folder.

After you try that you can try running all the repairs in my windows repair tool, just make sure to have it do a registry backup before the repairs just in case. :wink:

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: startup issues
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 12:56:20 am »
Are you posting from the affected computer as I was wondering if your Internet connection is affected.

If you do have an Internet connection then I would advise booting up into Safe Mode with Networking and running a scan with ESET Free Online Scanner. http://www.eset.co.uk/Antivirus-Utilities/Online-Scanner

Click on Advanced and check all boxes except the Proxy one then disable your AV program immediately before hitting the Scan button.

Your AV program should be isolated in Safe Mode with Networking but aspects can still be loaded.

If you aren't able to download any programs then go Start - type mrt.exe - press enter and opt for the full scan.

Following that if you are still unable to download, see if you can open a command prompt as an administrator and enter sfc /scannow to see what that reports.

If WR doesn't do it then this Batch file may help http://batcmd.com/windows/7/services/dcomlaunch/

Getting the DCOM started to enable RPC will probably resolve the other errors, but check Event Viewer to see if MS has any solutions by clicking on the blue Online help link.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:21:36 am by Boggin »