Author Topic: OMG Tech support  (Read 6219 times)

Offline littlezentz

• View Profile
OMG Tech support
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:50:45 pm »
 :confused: I got the information that TRO is filed against OMG.  I run a windows 7 all in one made by Toshiba. I had to install a store bought copy of 7 because the twice obtained restore discs Toshiba sent me would not install and they tried to say it must be a hardware problem. Gathering the correct drivers was really hard because they would install but have resource conflicts.  The worst problem was some little point flicker on the touch screen that seemed like a moth or nat kept hitting the screen.  I would wake up with 50 to 100 screens, apps, icons and who know what else.  The computer was daunting.

I heard about OMG with good recommendations as remote service, in the US, and paid there tech support, and lots of their programs.  They had my computer running in 3 days, several techs worked on it and kept me informed either on the screen or if I did not see it they called me.  I used remote support on more time in November and my session was left unfinished.  Many of their open programs were on the screen.  Yours was one of them.

I am attempting to get all of the items I bought from them removed and it is not going well at all.  When I am successful it comes with surprises like a nosey browser kidnapper.  Any time I try to go to a website for technical info it won't let me open it.  It is glad to open my email, I won't be doing that.  The worst thing they did was install some Windows 8 features like Defender (7 uses security essentials) and I suspect but can't be sure, my Windows update is the version for 8.1.  Windows update is dysfunctional with all the recommended fixes.  Security Essential will scan but not register itself as my virus program.

My goal is to remove all this stuff and then do some down to earth research to hire another company to keep my machine up. But I won't do it now.

Since you and your software are the reason they did any real fixes I suspect can you create something to undue what they have in my machine.  I like it because I switch back and forth between a TV and a computer.

Oh they also disabled any touch screen features.  I should have had my PC physically fixed but I am way out in the desert and "ahem" scarey pickins.

I have not restarted the software that they installed of yours  because I think they had a log in.  First Toshiba burnt me, (those restore discs were $35 each).  They stopped during the format usually.  Sector issues me thinks.

Sorry you got ripped off.  Hopefully their Vast Corporations Inc or whatever they are, will have to pay for damages to all.

Christy

I'll donate eventually but your advertisement got me for close to $70 so I kinda did it in a round about way.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: OMG Tech support
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:39:49 am »
Well my program is free, and is for anyone to use. I am making a pro version I will sell soon for it, but all the repairs will be staying free. The program will become a free/pro with everything you see in it now staying free and the pro simply being some extra features. As long as they didnt charge you for my program then it is ok if someone uses it. :wink:

How is your computer doing now? Do you still need any help with it?

Shane

Offline littlezentz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 09:19:29 pm »
Oh Shane, yes they did charge for the use of your program.  Have you not been contacted by the attorneys who are representing, I guess, another software company??  I have logs of all the work they did on my computer and all of them were through your software, every entry.

I will gladly send them to you.  They did a majoy fix for me, and I would estimate 90 to 95% of all the work they logged was Tweaking.  The corporation is Vast Corporation and the Tech support costs I think $368 per year.  They have some programs "of their own" but were actually somehow rebranded.  Those were daily maintenance stuff like privacy control.  But when you call them for tech support, which was my main,need since my PC was converted to store bought software from Toshiba, I would get remote help from them under the contract I had, the main part was for continuous remote support.  errrr..... but I should take a look at the agreement and dig out the charges.  My PC has tons of issues that occur as I uninstall I am acquiring a new issue each time.

I will endeavor but my initial goal was to pay someone in the USA to guard my data, provide remote support and leave me to my own little world.  I can perform maintenance myself and your toolchest is wonderful (next time I will donate instead of giving the money to your advertisor unless that is more $$ for you)

My son is a programming student and would love to get the job but I won't let him because, well, some stuff is just not stuff your son should have access to LOL.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 01:36:27 am »
Perhaps you could list the issues you are having and when they occur.