Author Topic: a new kind of ad on websites and forum ?  (Read 22999 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
a new kind of ad on websites and forum ?
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:11:04 pm »
hi and what’s up all you  :wink:

today i was browsing through Shane’s forum and Suddenly, a new kind of annoying ads are pop-up as in new window which it covering on forum’s  threads ?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:13:18 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: a new kind of ad on websites and forum ?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:24:27 am »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 06:32:10 am »
Adblock Plus cause a Freeze-up problem with firefox version 34 ! so any other program ?  :tongue:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:33:45 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline chris635

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 06:58:35 am »
Use adblock edge for firefox.
Physical Science Technician
Avid Motorcyclist

Have a nice day - Chris

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 10:16:25 am »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 02:05:31 am »
chris635 & Samson I’m going to try this Add-ons out ! :smiley: and i will test them out ; )
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:39:45 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 04:09:36 am »
I use adblock plus in firefox and chrome. Never had it cause a problem before unless you have another add on that doesnt like it.

Funny that I make money from ads, yet I myself also use an adblocker lol

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 08:55:54 am »
Use adblock edge for firefox.

I installed it on my browser, but still causes a hang problem ! But it seems adblock edge belong to the same adblock plus developer?  :blank: i have checked their adblock edge website and the forums in adblock edge website it direct my to adblock forum ?  :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:41:40 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 09:01:03 am »
I use adblock plus in firefox and chrome. Never had it cause a problem before unless you have another add on that doesnt like it.

Funny that I make money from ads, yet I myself also use an adblocker lol

Shane

lol  :cheesy: Shane a funny post from you Made me to laugh ! lol :wink: anyway i have only adblock and Tab Mix Plus add-one and my firefox browser still Freeze-up !
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:03:29 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 01:02:21 pm »
Did you remove all other add ins as a test? You can go to help and restart with all add ins disabled to see if it helps. If it does then it is one of the add ins that is causing it.

Shane

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 01:49:30 pm »
lol  :cheesy: Shane a funny post from you Made me to laugh ! lol :wink: anyway i have only adblock and Tab Mix Plus add-one and my firefox browser still Freeze-up !

Tab Mix Plus has a history of conflicts with some Add-ons, Adblock Plus being one of them. Try testing with Tab Mix Plus disabled for a while  :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 04:58:07 am »
Hi,
                I am also using adblock plus and at times facing script hanging errors. But if i allow advertisement in this site, then sometimes loading of advertisement does not allow you to do anything. Adblock plus blocks DOM and so may be this behaviour. But if the advertisements load quickly , you could not any problem with any browser. But , loading of advertisement, for each of the tab changing actions, in the top as well as bottoms cause this freezing.
                    I use adblock to block this advertisement annoyance, but then if you go normal , then this problem of advertisement load hanging, particularly of object type of advertisement.
                         I also read about the safety of this add on on  the net, but still there is no cure for this firefox freezing. If you reset firefox, you bound to loose all passwords for sites among other custom settings.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 01:04:38 pm »
Or...Adguard AdBlocker....
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/adguard-adblocker/

Or use a hosts file....
http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

for Adguard AdBlocker haven't installed on my web browser Because I suspected it  :smiley: that’s why got removed by Google !  :artist: https://blog.adguard.com/en/news/google-removes-adguard-android-app-google-play.html

for hosts file I do not know even where do I download it and how to use it ! :blank:

Tab Mix Plus has a history of conflicts with some Add-ons, Adblock Plus being one of them. Try testing with Tab Mix Plus disabled for a while  :wink:

aha i just know that ; ) so i have reset my firefox to Default settings (removing all the extras add-ones and firefox now is working fine) no hang issue Except when Firefox goes to crash!   :smiley:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 01:06:59 pm »
Did you remove all other add ins as a test? You can go to help and restart with all add ins disabled to see if it helps. If it does then it is one of the add ins that is causing it.

Shane

yes i just did that and now my firefox browser is now working alright ; )   :smiley: so i need other add-ones if you know any other lol !  :tongue: :wink:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 01:15:35 pm »
Hi,
                I am also using adblock plus and at times facing script hanging errors. But if i allow advertisement in this site, then sometimes loading of advertisement does not allow you to do anything. Adblock plus blocks DOM and so may be this behaviour. But if the advertisements load quickly , you could not any problem with any browser. But , loading of advertisement, for each of the tab changing actions, in the top as well as bottoms cause this freezing.
                    I use adblock to block this advertisement annoyance, but then if you go normal , then this problem of advertisement load hanging, particularly of object type of advertisement.
                         I also read about the safety of this add on on  the net, but still there is no cure for this firefox freezing. If you reset firefox, you bound to loose all passwords for sites among other custom settings.

my problem now got fixed by resetting firefox to Default settings and got everything cleanup of firefox and removed all add-ones that was installed on my firefox browser !  :smiley: yeah i have loss it my password and a lot of my web log in info when i have to do a firefox reset !  :wink: and there is a new tool to handle a web browser add-ones or Extensions ! :wink:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:19:20 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 02:26:07 pm »

for Adguard AdBlocker haven't installed on my web browser Because I suspected it  :smiley: that’s why got removed by Google !  :artist: https://blog.adguard.com/en/news/google-removes-adguard-android-app-google-play.html

for hosts file I do not know even where do I download it and how to use it ! :blank:

GOOGLE Have removed Adguard because it blocks adverts, killing their golden goose.

The link that I gave explains the use of a Hosts file, and includes the download too,

Now you have a "vanilla" Firefox, go with Adblock Plus.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 02:27:53 pm »
Google hasnt removed adblocker, which is the one I use. So perhaps adguard was doing something it wasnt suppose to?

Shane

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 03:01:11 pm »
Google hasnt removed adblocker, which is the one I use. So perhaps adguard was doing something it wasnt suppose to?

Shane

Adblock Plus was removed a couple of years ago too, for the same vague reasons.

But Google don't do evil, do they  :wink:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 03:03:22 pm »
I have adblock plus in firefox and chrome, still on the chrome store as well :-)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en-US

I just checked and adguard is still on there as well. Why did you think they removed them?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adguard-adblocker/bgnkhhnnamicmpeenaelnjfhikgbkllg?hl=en

Shane

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 03:13:03 pm »
They were pulled from Google Play Store. I got a bit sidetracked by Gamez's post.....I think maybe he got the impression that it was in someway malicious and should be avoided.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 11:44:58 am »

GOOGLE Have removed Adguard because it blocks adverts, killing their golden goose.

The link that I gave explains the use of a Hosts file, and includes the download too,

Now you have a "vanilla" Firefox, go with Adblock Plus.

Thanks for the clarification, I think I'll use the Firefox browser with Adblock Plus once again ! :wink:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 11:50:55 am »
I have adblock plus in firefox and chrome, still on the chrome store as well :-)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en-US

I just checked and adguard is still on there as well. Why did you think they removed them?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adguard-adblocker/bgnkhhnnamicmpeenaelnjfhikgbkllg?hl=en

Shane

Because I have not heard of before, and I thought it was malicious software, and because that such additions are actually malware programs! Or collect browsing information !  :smiley:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 11:56:14 am »
They were pulled from Google Play Store. I got a bit sidetracked by Gamez's post.....I think maybe he got the impression that it was in someway malicious and should be avoided.

You are absolutely correct!  :wink: I thought it was malware and still suspicious of additions! lol

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 11:58:26 am »

Shane

This will explain more ! lol  :artist: http://tubemate.net/  :smiley: