Author Topic: WR and HP buttons  (Read 6233 times)

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
WR and HP buttons
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:34:02 am »
I have a HP laptop with WIN 7 and ran WR on that laptop some time ago. But since I ran WR every time when I start the laptop there's an error message: ""HP Lauchbuttons don't work anymore"".

Since WR stops and starts a number of services, I consider it most likely that there's a service dependency on my laptop (i.e. one service depends on another service and therefore that first service is stopped as well.). Perhaps one HP specific service was stopped and not/never restarted again. But I have gone through the list of services and I haven't got a clue what service needs to be restarted again.
Besides that I noticed that the services as mentioned in Win 7 have a different name than the names used in WR. Or should I use MSCONFIG to restart that service again ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: WR and HP buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 12:21:31 pm »
The windows repair tool only sets Microsoft services, wouldn't touch the HP one.

Go to the properties of the HP service and view its dependents and see which ones it needs :-)

Oh, and I have started a new registry backup tool that uses the volume shadow copy service to copy reg files and all the user reg files from all the profiles.

I will need you test skills again soon :-D

Shane