Author Topic: Icon Not Showing - External Hard Drives (SOLVED)  (Read 5955 times)

Offline Galvanic

• View Profile
Icon Not Showing - External Hard Drives (SOLVED)
« on: January 01, 2015, 08:31:03 am »
Win7 Home Premium 32 bit

Since running the Simple System Tweaker, the icons I use on my external hard drives oft times don't appear when I open my Computer to show which drives are connected - I just get the generic drive image. I like the visual look of the icons, as I can quickly ID which drive I want to open/access. Do you know which of the many tweaks might be causing this issue? Would there be a registry key I could modify instead of having to restore the old registry I backed up and re-tweaking.

What tweak might have caused the problem, so I can avoid that tweak when applying the tweaks on another computer. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:06:34 am by Galvanic »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Icon Not Showing - External Hard Drives
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:14:10 pm »
Only thing I could think of that might have something to do with it is the visual tweaks, but none of them aim at icons.

It is easy to enable those, you can do with with the program, or do it in Windows itself.

Go to the start menu and right click on Computer and then click properties. When it opens click on advanced system settings on the left side.

When that opens click the settings button under performance at the top. And here is where you can put the visual settings back, you can set it to best appearance and hit apply and then reboot and see if that helps :wink:

Shane

Offline Galvanic

• View Profile
Re: Icon Not Showing - External Hard Drives (SOLVED)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 09:09:35 am »
Thanks Shane,

I figured it was the visual tweaks, but I wasn't sure which one. I followed your post and the problem is solved. All my external hard drive icons show now. I may change the visual settings one by one to see which one actually caused the problem.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Icon Not Showing - External Hard Drives (SOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 09:41:32 pm »
That would be great, please let me know which one did it :-)

Shane