Author Topic: Half Fix?  (Read 5619 times)

Offline edrok23

• View Profile
Half Fix?
« on: January 04, 2015, 04:42:14 pm »

i download the progam Tweaking ResetFilePermissions because i messed up deleting a unknown account in C:\Users\Myname when i star the laptop the next day i have a error explorer.exe  load and restart in a loop for like 5 min i go fast to the C:\Users\Myname press right click properties,security, and when i look my user name no have permisions for nothing i mark full control apply get some error restar my pc and everything load fine but i get some errors i did in 2 day dism scans-----sfc /scannow and a chkdsk /r and looking in the internet find the program this program save my life thankz tweaking fix my error but now i look on my disk and i see everyone have full control i look on internet an see pictures of disk c properties security and no see everyone list ok when i try to remove get a error --you are about to change the permission settings on the root directory of the startup disk-- i need now the default permisions for disk c on windows 8 and other thing this fix my user only you need to log on the other account and run the repair to.........and i try to restore but not work if i try again restore like 2 weeks earlier can put my permisions like before all this?

thanks and sorry for my bad english
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 04:47:51 pm by edrok23 »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Half Fix?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 09:47:47 pm »
You would also need to do the registry permissions as well. Use the Windows Repair tool and have it do those two repairs. Make sure to have it do a registry backup first :wink:

Shane

Offline edrok23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 06:01:29 pm »
I run this and now i have everyone in folder windows, system 32 in every folder    :angry:   this not fix my disk c  permissions.....

*and i find something when i run just the reset file permisions i get default permisions*
(just one problem the other account no get default on documents, picture but i fix this manual)

......but when i go to the second step reset registry permissions all the folders ‪C:\Program Files (x86), Program Files Windows and all sub folders get everyone full control and i dont think this is good for security.

i use my other pc all to see all default setting for folders and when i just run the  --reset file permisions-- i get default folder permisions. when i run the reset registry permisions all folders are messed up again why this happen? you think is good only use reset file and leave like that or run first registry and next file?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:53:39 pm by edrok23 »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 01:06:49 pm »
The reset file permissions will first go and set admins and the current user account to all the folders. Then it loads up some text files that are with the program that put all the default permisions back for the default files and folders in Windows 8.

Shane