Author Topic: CBS log file  (Read 37311 times)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: CBS log file
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 03:04:02 pm »
I am making an update to it, I run it on another system where IE 11 wouldnt install and my tool didnt see the problem, turns out the file that was bad was 0 bytes in size. So I will be updating the tool to have it look for empty or blank files as well :-)

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 12:09:52 am »
Ok here is an update to my tool, extract it and make sure to run it as administrator and let me know if it finds anything :-)

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 12:34:41 am »
This tool isnt for the cbs logs exactly, it doesnt even touch the log. It is a tool I am making because I found the source of a lot of problems related to the option features list being blank, updates not installing and sometimes sfc errors all trace back to this folder and if any of the files are corrupt or missing.

So I am making a tool to simply help report if it finds anything wrong in that folder is all. This is a new tool I am making and it is still a work in progress :-)

But right now, the cbs log did show files missing from that folder, so I want to see if my tool reports anything. :wink:

Shane

here we have to add a simple feature that will find which Drive to help users to determine where to run SFC;

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\Windows

or

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=D:\ /offwindir=D:\Windows

Plus; receive this error message when running; sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\Windows
The arguments passed to the SFC are invalid. the offline windows directory specified points to the online system.

Issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929840
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:51:14 am by Rick »