Author Topic: Doesn't Save Tweaks ?  (Read 29985 times)

Offline rocknrollah

• View Profile
Re: Doesn't Save Tweaks ?
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 06:08:26 am »
I think my registry was messed up completely somehow, maybe fooling around a bit too much. I got BSoD and decided I might as well just format my computer and reinstall Windows 7. I used the Simple System Tweaker this time and that seems to work fine. I could see the message that it was loading my desktop etc.. So I think I'll just stick to that for now. Thanks alot for your help and providing everyone with these great programs.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 08:36:45 am »
Glad you got the system fixed. Something was diffidently wrong :-)

I think you will like cleanmem as well. I use it on every system I have, even my main system with 8 gbs of ram  :wink:

Shane

Offline rocknrollah

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 09:50:07 am »
Yeah, I installed it again and it works like a charm, very cool little program, also nice that you can adjust almost everything.

Do you have some other recommendations for ("little") tools that help your computer run just that tad bit better?

Another funny thing is that only one of my speakers was working, thought the other one had broken down so never really looked into it. After I installed W7 again, it came back to life  :cheesy: :shocked:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 09:54:17 am »
Just tweaking the system is all you can do. The trick to tweaking a system is to take as much load off the hard drive as possible.

Memory can transfer data at GB's per sec. The CPU can handle even more. But the hard drive goes between 50 to 100 MB's per sec. That is a huge bottle neck. New SSD drives are getting faster (Up to 350 MB's so far) yet still way behind.

So on a lot of systems the slow down is waiting for the hard drive to finish reading the data the system needs. So the more tweaks you do that take away anything needing to read off the hard drive the more the hard drive has speed for other things :wink:

So like my simple system tweaker. It has only the safest tweaks I found and they work. Every service you turn off is one less file that the drive needs to read and one less program running that will access the drive. So the less things running the better.

Shane

Offline rocknrollah

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 10:22:06 am »
Alrighty, thanks alot man.

Offline rocknrollah

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 01:21:15 am »
Now that my computer is running decent again I'd like to try AST again too. I was just wondering does it have ALOT more tweaks than the Simple version, I mean in terms of improving the speed of your computer, not options like Defrag at startup or something ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2012, 08:27:23 am »
It has a ton of tweaks. But more fine tuning and things like that. You run each tweak one at a time.

The simple system tweaker was a version I made with the tweaks I put on customers machines tat are safe for everyone.

There are some tweaks that work for some but not others, like disabling certain service and things like that. The AST gives you the control to decide :-)

Shane

Offline rocknrollah

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 05:58:45 am »
Just wanted to let you know that I promoted your software (Simple System Tweaker & Cleanmem) on the League of Legends forums, topic already got around 120 views, so, that should kinda be a good thank you for all the advice I got here  :cheesy:

EDIT; 266 views now, talk about some good free advertising  :tongue:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:11:10 am by rocknrollah »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 10:43:56 am »

Shane