Author Topic: Win 7 pro only able to login to Safe Mode (SOLVED)  (Read 6157 times)

Offline jhenry

• View Profile
Win 7 pro only able to login to Safe Mode (SOLVED)
« on: January 12, 2015, 01:41:34 pm »
Having problems on my sons laptop after running Tweaking program where you can only login in windows Safe Mode.  Has anyone else had this problem or can help with this?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 05:36:44 pm by jhenry »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Win 7 pro only able to login to Safe Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 03:16:14 pm »
When you say can only log into safe mode, does it even try to log into normal mode or does it just automatically go to safe mode?

If it is automatically going to safe mode it may have just been user error with using the msconfig, open msconfig and on the first tab put the choice on normal startup and then hit apply and ok and then reboot and see if that does it :wink:

Shane

Offline jhenry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 03:24:24 pm »
Yes it will go to normal mode but the password will not work for User and screen shows (the User profile Service service failed the logon.  User profile cannot be loaded) But in Safe mode password works for User.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 03:30:17 pm »
When you said you used my tweaking program, which one was it? (I have a lot of programs on the site)

If it was the Windows Repair tool, it should have done a registry backup. If so have it restore the user account registry files. I haven't had this problem happen before with the user profile. But the most common problem is if the registry for the profile was corrupt or the antivirus is getting in the way.

You can also look at method 1 on here as well
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215/en-us

Shane

Offline jhenry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 05:17:24 pm »
Shane,

That worked restoring  registry files from  the Windows Repair tool all in one that i used.   Also when it booted up found he had got Reg Pro Clean pop up all the time will find out how to get rid of that not sure if it is a virus or malware but they hijacked has laptop.  I want to thank you so much you have a great program i have used it on my Laptop and it fixed it for me.  Will rerun your program when i get Reg Pro Clean  off his laptop.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 05:18:58 pm »
Glad you got it back up and running. Once you have the system ready to have the repairs ran again, just make sure to do a registry backup before hand and run the repairs in safe mode so no other program gets in the way :wink:

Shane