Author Topic: Print Spooler Won't Start  (Read 6225 times)

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
Print Spooler Won't Start
« on: January 18, 2015, 06:39:51 am »
Greetings from Africa. I am using Windows 8.1 and connecting to an HP 1510 series all-in-one printer. That printer USED to work with my computer but one day...stopped. I've tried to isolate the problem as follows. From the printer side: scanning works, test page works, printing works with other computers but not mine, resinstalled drivers, etc. My computer doesn't seem to recognize that it's connected to the printer. As a result, I can only conclude that the computer is the problem and I've seen many posts about Windows 8.1 issues. So, following various pieces of advice I landed on the print spooler which will not start. I deleted the "http" dependency in the registry and deleted all the print jobs in the spooler. Then came Tweaking.com and I ran that program twice with clean boots, systems checks, backups and all that is recommended. Still cannot reset the print spooler to "started" or "running". It says "stopped and stays "stopped." I've read that this state can make the computer not recognize the printer and not print. I'm assuming I've gone as far as I can with this and it must be the problem. The error message is 0x800706b9...not enough resources. Oh please help. The next nearest printer is about 45k away and well, that's just yucky.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Print Spooler Won't Start
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 08:09:32 pm »
Most of the time when the print spooler wont start it is because of a bad printer driver, or a corrupt one. Or possible a corrupt system file, which a sfc /scannow should be able to verify if there is any bad system files.

Do you have any other printer drivers installed, even virtual ones like pdf printers and such like that?

Shane