Author Topic: i could not reinstall win 7 over existing win 7, error cd dvd drivers  (Read 5381 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                  I am having tdds dvd driver which is working properly. When i tried to install, after formatting the c: and reserved portion, from the installation dvd, after while a white progressive bar, i get cd dvd driver is missing with exit or continue command. If i click browse, a blank page appears to select the driver, if i exit , it exit the setup. what is wrong. Cannot i reinstall over existing, by dvd method. Where i am wrong, i do not know. Would any body tell how to fix the thing. Should i change any bios settings. Previous occasion, i was just able to install without any problem. Why now, i tried uninstallling the dvd drivers and reboot. I tried update, and it is the best driver, it says after searching window updates. Pl give the solution, at the earliest, so that i could reinstall.
Update: i tried windows usb dvd download  tool for, but the same error, when i click the language settings  and then clicked next.
I have tried to enable msachi.sys and other to get the compatability issue fixed. Nothing good happening.
I thing that tsst corp dvd has no separate drivers and it is a plug and play device.
                             Why i am getting these errors. The cd dvd w is working normally.
                      Strange that it advises you to safely take the dvd from the dvd drive if, i have the dvd on the drive for this step.
                            I tried windows readiness tool, but it hangs at 85% looping and not finishing.
                            Sfc details come with more error.
                         Shane, i have also tried your fixes in all  in one , but which tool replaces the correct registry entries. Is that registry permission or other things. Somebody in other forum remarked, that he used your tool to fix this issue. Which should i tick to repair these kind of errors.
                              I have sata hard disc, and dvd tsst corp cddvdw sh 224 bb ata service in my dvd. Is there anything i have to do in bios for compatibility. But my bios just show sata 0 for hard drive and sata 1 for dvd drive. Should i have to change some thing here. There is no other type of system type preference. Pl say something on this subject.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 05:28:49 am by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: i could not reinstall win 7 over existing win 7, error cd dvd drivers
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:31:36 am »
Shane, why this peculiar error.
                      In my laptop, when i just inserted the cd drive for windows xp, when sata was enabled as per default settings, i came across BSOD.
                         Then i went to bios disabled Sata and it worked smoothly for repair as well as installation. Even for repair the same error message. Load drivers, cd or dvd is missing for this device and make sure you install the correct driver and then repeat the process.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: i could not reinstall win 7 over existing win 7, error cd dvd drivers
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:12:34 pm »
That is an odd error and normally comes up if the windows 7 setup doesnt have the drivers for the sata controller. But I normally install windows 7 from a usb instead of a dvd. I found it to be a lot better because give the number of files, if there is even one scratch on the dvd it can make things go crazy.

Why not just use the windows 7 to usb tool and install from it?
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_windows_7_usbdvd_download_tool.html

Shane