Author Topic: window 8.1 control panel  (Read 6323 times)

Offline herc1738

• View Profile
window 8.1 control panel
« on: January 23, 2015, 04:46:56 am »
When Microsoft put 8.1 in I lost my control panel and can not get access to it. Microsoft techs tried for an hour and a half to get it back to no avail. I am just an amacher at this.

Ronald

Offline parkd1

• View Profile
Re: window 8.1 control panel
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:23:05 am »
I lost control panel too when I upgraded from version 8 to 8.1. The control panel was missed up. think it has yo with the upgrade. First version Windows I have ever installed that has not worked right. Just hope Windows 10 does a better job at the upgrade. I will give it a try from version 7 cause it will be free.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:40:30 am »
When Microsoft put 8.1 in I lost my control panel and can not get access to it. Microsoft techs tried for an hour and a half to get it back to no avail. I am just an amacher at this.

Ronald

Did they suggest anything that you could try yourself to remedy this ?

One option when Windows own repair tools can't do it would be to perform a Repair Install for which you would need an install USB/DVD.

You can create your own courtesy of http://www.redmondpie.com/download-windows-8.1-pro-iso-file-legally-without-product-key/ if you don't have one and these steps will walk you through the repair http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-repair-windows-8-1-installation/

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 05:25:51 pm »
This is the first time I have heard of the control panel not working, so I havent seen or had a chance to work on this kind of problem.

If we can find time we are both online I would be more than happy to teamviewer in and take a look, just so I can see it with my own eyes.

Did my Windows Repair tool help at all?

Shane