Author Topic: General Mayhem  (Read 6318 times)

Offline avm31982

• View Profile
General Mayhem
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:43:25 am »
I tried to get some help on another forum in for malware, but they said my logs were ok. They also suggested the Windows Repair program from tweaking.com and I ran it, in the program it says if there is any trouble to let you know here, so here I am. There were numerous errors, either syntax errors or access denied errors. Numerous files were missing like trusted installer or others. I found some of these errors in a log file but the trouble is the logs are so huge that I can't find them all and truth be told I used find in wordpad and didn't find all of the errors like those for the access denied or the missing programs. Should I take other steps? As a side note, the program couldn't be run in safe mode with networking either because when I shutdown and turned on, then hit f8 to enter advanced options, nothing happened. The computer just stalled at the Dell logo until I let go of f8 then continued to load as "normal". I use Windows 8.1.

*update* I found more log files, but I can apparently only attach one so here is the WMI logfile.
*update 2* all these log files are 1 or 2kb in size, so nothing in them...*
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:45:38 am by avm31982 »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: General Mayhem
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:01:27 am »
The log you posted is fine, it is a normal log for WMI. As for Windows 8, MS disabled the old F8 key to get into safe mode. So you have to go into pc settings and advanced to get to it, which is annoying. But you can enable f8 again :-)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/enable-the-f8-key-in-windows-8/

I would run all the repairs in Windows safe mode with networking and see how it does from there and let me know if you still have any trouble. :wink:

Shane