Author Topic: MSERT Error ~ HIGH ALERT! Have some ideas?  (Read 7512 times)

Offline Rick

• View Profile
MSERT Error ~ HIGH ALERT! Have some ideas?
« on: February 11, 2015, 12:05:41 pm »
Error Code;

Note; Publisher Info removed after the program started; when this happens, the program will not run

HENCE the HIGH ALERT

Have tried all these ;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2520970

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:33:09 pm by Rick »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: MSERT Error ~ HIGH ALERT! Have some ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:12:17 pm »
So if you go to the properties of the exe is the digital signatures tab missing?

I just downloaded the file myself to check and it was 125mb download and I have a md5 hash for it of 3F58AB6D345B8EEE4FD49ED3649FA1ED and 131,147,512 bytes in size.

Let me know what yours shows, digital signatures are not suppose to go away, the only time they do is if the file itself is changed in some way.

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 12:24:07 pm »
So if you go to the properties of the exe is the digital signatures tab missing?

I just downloaded the file myself to check and it was 125mb download and I have a md5 hash for it of 3F58AB6D345B8EEE4FD49ED3649FA1ED and 131,147,512 bytes in size.

Let me know what yours shows, digital signatures are not suppose to go away, the only time they do is if the file itself is changed in some way.

Shane

Yes, that what I said... it got removed somehow, please help? some ideas to run offline?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 12:36:46 pm »
I was wanting you to tell me the md5 has of the file and the total size in bytes.

You could have a bad sector on the drive which would make the file change and thus the signature would be gone, you could have a virus on the system that i purposely changing it.

I also noticed on MS site for it that the program is only good for 10 days after you download it.

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

So I checked the date the file got its digital cert and it was today. So do you have this problem right after you download it or do it happen after some time as passed, like the program is disabling it self to force you to download a new one?

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 12:17:10 am »
I was wanting you to tell me the md5 has of the file and the total size in bytes.

You could have a bad sector on the drive which would make the file change and thus the signature would be gone, you could have a virus on the system that is purposely changing it.
>:yes, most likely scenario, therefore, if MSERT finds this to be true, it should suggest a second download with a different run and file name...

I also noticed on MS site for it that the program is only good for 10 days after you download it.
>; yes,

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

So I checked the date the file got its digital cert and it was today. So do you have this problem right after you download it or do it happen after some time as passed, like the program is disabling it self to force you to download a new one?
>Yes; right after download it

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 07:47:14 am »

You could have a bad sector on the drive which would make the file change and thus the signature would be gone, you could have a virus on the system that is purposely changing it.
>:yes, most likely scenario, therefore, if MSERT finds this to be true, it should suggest a second download with a different run and file name...

>; yes,

>Yes; right after download it

Shane

Finally have been able to run the program in its normal environment...

Took several steps to accomplish, including some recent updates...

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 11:45:34 am »
Good to hear :-)

Shane