Author Topic: microsoft visual c++ runtime library packages error  (Read 11770 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
microsoft visual c++ runtime library packages error
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:32:17 am »
I am getting this error message (microsoft visual c++ runtime library error) somehow and I am trying to fix the problem by removing microsoft visual packages from my system but that isn’t help!

And through uninstall these packages, I noticed that there are some of the microsoft visual packages are not reliable(Sign) However, these packages are Required Through installing some software just like Nero and video software, or similar. so how I can to fix this error ?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: microsoft visual c++ runtime library packages error
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 05:23:09 am »
First of all, use your restore points to prior this error and do this in Safe Mode - I prefer Safe Mode with Networking as it's more flexible.

This will reinstate the Redistributables and may resolve the problem.

The R6034 is a bit of an obscure error as it doesn't ID the program that caused this - what were you doing when the message popped up ?

Have you updated any programs ?

If you got it straight after booting up then it could be one of the programs under the Startup tab in msconfig and disabling those to see if the error returns and then re-enable one at a time until it does will ID the cause.

Restoring may resolve the problem but with MS programs you can usually repair them in Programs and Features by right clicking on them - select  Change and then the Repair option.

You can this with the Redistributables as well.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:09:16 am »
First of all, use your restore points to prior this error and do this in Safe Mode - I prefer Safe Mode with Networking as it's more flexible.

This will reinstate the Redistributables and may resolve the problem.

I want to try it, but unfortunately I got one big problem when the system restore points are gone!  :sad:

Tom's World Tech Blog
Skip to content
Restore Point Creator — Updates and Changes

This is a listing of all changes to the program going back to the initial Version 1.1 Build 10 release, the first public release of the program.

February 10, 2015 — Version 2.6 Build 3
Fixed a very big issue in which the restore point storage space was being resized by the program when it didn’t need to be. This caused systems to lose restore points. As far as bugs go, this one was nasty. I apologize deeply to the users of this program, this bug should have never occurred.
http://www.toms-world.org/blog/restore_point_creator/updates

The R6034 is a bit of an obscure error as it doesn't ID the program that caused this - what were you doing when the message popped up ?

Have you updated any programs ?

I'm just trying to open one of editing programs called ImTOO Video Converter Ultimate and yeah there is many update for this software was Released in a short time, so I got this message after several updates of the program!

If you got it straight after booting up then it could be one of the programs under the Startup tab in msconfig and disabling those to see if the error returns and then re-enable one at a time until it does will ID the cause.

Restoring may resolve the problem but with MS programs you can usually repair them in Programs and Features by right clicking on them - select  Change and then the Repair option.

You can this with the Redistributables as well.

i will try this Later time ....

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 09:33:07 am »
What % do you have the restore points storage set at - mine defaults at 3% but I increase that to 5% but that would depend for you how much free space you have on your HDD.

While Win 7 can have problems with disappearing restore points, infections also often take them out. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2506576

I would uninstall/reinstall that program to see if it resolves the Runtime error.

Create a restore point and check that it remains after a reboot then try one update at a time, creating a restore point after each until/if the error returns.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 11:32:34 am »
uninstall/reinstall this program isn’t help to fixed this problem and i have to cleanup my system of all malware stuff using many Portable security software so any other idea ?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 02:10:05 pm »
You could try the command in this YT video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ZcBsSCISc but if you need to disinfect the computer first which could be the cause of this, do it in Safe Mode with Networking where they should be isolated.

Which anti malware tools are you using - for a thorough scan I prefer ESET's Free Online Scanner http://www.eset.com/int/home/products/online-scanner/

What I do is click on Advanced then check all of the boxes except the bottom Proxy one, check the box for the auto uninstall and if running in normal mode, disable my AV program immediately before clicking on Scan - if you run it in Safe Mode with Networking, your AV is already isolated.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 09:21:22 am »
doing msconfig And disable all the startup programs and Services isn’t help either the command in this video isn’t help or not working so the message keep pop-up even in the safe-mode with networking/startup programs disabled

and my list of Portable protection programs is :

1- Emsisoft Emergency Kit
2- comodo cleaning essentials
3- MWAVSCAN (escan toolkit)
4- Dr.Web CureIt!
5- superantispyware portable
6- norton power eraser

and for ESET's Free Online Scanner I only used When someone asks me that in one of the forums : )
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:28:22 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 09:30:33 am »
So have you used ESET yet ?

NPE can do more damage than good in its Rootkit mode - I tend to flip the page by clicking on Advanced and running its standard scan.

It has removed a registry entry before now, but I've never had a clue as to what it related to.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 09:37:29 am »
So have you used ESET yet ?

NPE can do more damage than good in its Rootkit mode - I tend to flip the page by clicking on Advanced and running its standard scan.

It has removed a registry entry before now, but I've never had a clue as to what it related to.

yes i have ran this ESET scanner some time ago(before 2 day) ! and Honestly I do not like symantec/Norton lol  :smiley: but I don’t know why I’m Insisted to use NPE lol  :wink:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:40:50 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 02:35:00 am »
As it's still pooping up in Safe Mode with Networking, it's not likely to being caused by an infection.

Have you tried changing the setting as in that YT video I'd linked.

Previously I'd forgotten to suggest to see if it was possible to role that video converter program back from its updates, but as you've reinstalled it, it will now contain the updates - but it could have been coincidental that the error message was a result of those updates.

This is where system images can normally pull you out of the mire, but have you checked to see what the setting is for your restore points and if a manually created one is still there after a reboot.