Author Topic: Advanced System Tweaker Suggestion  (Read 28725 times)

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Re: Advanced System Tweaker Suggestion
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2012, 08:29:28 PM »
another possible idea - would it be beneficial to add another field on the add-on creator that links to the forum post about the add-on, if one is available?

The "Get More Add-ons" at the top of the list does that :-)

Shane
PLEASE EDIT YOUR TOPIC AND PUT (SOLVED) IF YOU ARE ALL FIXED.

(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline umpio

• View Profile
Re: Advanced System Tweaker Suggestion
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2012, 03:49:23 AM »
and the add-on creator has the "upload your custom-addons" version! :)

Not perfect, but better.

Added a scrollbar tot he fav. list and also added a mouse over tooltip of the item in both search and fav list ;)

Shane

Big improvements, i think! :) I also thought first that I have to drag and drop tweaks to the edit list. Is the right click option only way to do it at the moment? What about some star button like firefox has for bookmarking or a button "add to the favorites" in tweak's description side?

I also like the idea of how to make the add-ons system within the program, that custom addons could be downloaded, reviewed and commented in the program. But is this just too much work? Mozilla also uses a web based system, where the add-ons are on the website, like the forums is now, which most of the users use to find them, comment and review. Firefox add-ons can't be reviewed or commented without going to the website, only installing them is possible.

Another option could be own web site section for the custom add-ons, like some mozilla style. This could be expanded with a possibility to load the ratings to the program for the custom add-ons or to add user ratings within the program and if possible to download addons from the website database. But is this all needed if the web site or the forums are used for this in the first place?

hmm downloading and using custom addons could be a bit easier if they would be in a package that the program would install by itself and launch the program. Like some custom file extension for the archive package, like the ".tweak" is for now for the tweaks. And could the custom tweaks be removed from the program? If I just want to try some custom tweak and then remove it after trying it.

And also could you make a shortcut from the add-on creator to the AST, (like AST has now to the add-on creator)? Would speed up the testing of just created tweaks in action! :D