Author Topic: Alert ~ New TEMP Folder Created along with Sharing when no shares registered  (Read 7097 times)

Offline Rick

• View Profile
See Image

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you gone and done that for - don't you have enough problems ?  :smiley:

Offline Rick

• View Profile
What have you gone and done that for - don't you have enough problems ?  :smiley:

One by One, They will be Gone HA HA!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
That is a known bug in windows 7 that to this day has not been fixed.

When the everyone permissions are set on a folder in Windows 7 it will think it is shared even though it isnt shared.

So if a folder has "Everyone" in the permissions you will see the sharing icon, the bug is in explorer.exe itself as that is what is showing the icons and complaining when you try to delete the folder that it is shared when it isn't.

it is almost like MS tried to speed up explorer.exe by having it only check the permissions of a folder instead of seeing if it is actually shared. Why they havent fixed it yet I done know.

I havent checked to see if they fixed it in the newer version so of Windows.

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
That is a known bug in windows 7 that to this day has not been fixed.

When the everyone permissions are set on a folder in Windows 7 it will think it is shared even though it isnt shared.

So if a folder has "Everyone" in the permissions you will see the sharing icon, the bug is in explorer.exe itself as that is what is showing the icons and complaining when you try to delete the folder that it is shared when it isn't.

it is almost like MS tried to speed up explorer.exe by having it only check the permissions of a folder instead of seeing if it is actually shared. Why they havent fixed it yet I done know.

I havent checked to see if they fixed it in the newer version so of Windows.

Shane

Windows Vista over Here :)

Yes, the issue is related to user account shares seems. may have migrated from taking ownership?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Windows Vista over Here :)

Yes, the issue is related to user account shares seems. may have migrated from taking ownership?

Most likely, Looks like the bug is in vista as well now that I think about it, I just havent checked to see if they ever fixed it or not. But all you have to do is remove the everyone permissions and explorer will stop thinking it is shared.

Shane