Author Topic: Some Windows updates still cannot be installed  (Read 6516 times)

Offline raychar

• View Profile
Some Windows updates still cannot be installed
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:11:36 am »
After doing a couple of times of installing and configuration Windows updates. There are still the 177 (398Mbs) important updates cannot be installed. During the course, I attempted to do the all-in-one repair again after the failure of update configuration but, with no luck, the remaining updates still cannot be configurated. The process is as below:

My laptop is of configuration as Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits. By cloning the old harddisk to a new 500Gb one with software Macruim Reflect, problems arose. In using new harddisk...can't start up Windows ->blue screen with the warning non-genine Windows software->can't do Windows updates. By doing the recovery using Windows recovery disk, regediting to convert to correct disk drive names, doing fix with the provided all-in-one software. I finally got the access to Windows updates and it did updates automatically. Very happy to see that Sevice Pack 1 was installed. With a couple times of updates checking and installations, configurations, failures, reverting changes, doing all-in-one fix again, re-installation, the original Explorer 8 was updated to IE 11 as well.

Is there any helps that the above mentioned updates can be installed properly?    Many Thanks,

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Some Windows updates still cannot be installed
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 08:24:35 am »
What error codes are you getting - need more info.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:20:04 am by Boggin »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:04:10 am »
I would try the readiness tool first
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3132

Its job is to install and replace any missing updates or files that are needed by future updates.

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 05:32:19 am »
After doing a couple of times of installing and configuration Windows updates. There are still the 177 (398Mbs) important updates cannot be installed. During the course, I attempted to do the all-in-one repair again after the failure of update configuration but, with no luck, the remaining updates still cannot be configurated. The process is as below:

My laptop is of configuration as Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits. By cloning the old harddisk to a new 500Gb one with software Macruim Reflect, problems arose. In using new harddisk...can't start up Windows ->blue screen with the warning non-genine Windows software->can't do Windows updates. By doing the recovery using Windows recovery disk, regediting to convert to correct disk drive names, doing fix with the provided all-in-one software. I finally got the access to Windows updates and it did updates automatically. Very happy to see that Sevice Pack 1 was installed. With a couple times of updates checking and installations, configurations, failures, reverting changes, doing all-in-one fix again, re-installation, the original Explorer 8 was updated to IE 11 as well.

Is there any helps that the above mentioned updates can be installed properly?    Many Thanks,

please run my bat file here
http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,2789.0.html