Author Topic: Windows Repair All-in-One Position on the Screen  (Read 7772 times)

Offline Marek

• View Profile
Windows Repair All-in-One Position on the Screen
« on: March 16, 2015, 04:01:06 am »
Hello:
Your software is better and better. That is why at the moment I have cosmetic question only: Why very good looking program interface does not display on the central point of the screen but is little moved to the bottom? That is all for now. Thank you in advance for your reply.
Marek

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair All-in-One Position on the Screen
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:29:41 am »
Can you post a screen shot showing that?

There is no code int he program to set the startup location, there is just a setting that I have set that says startup location is center screen. From there Windows takes care of it, it opens center on my system just fine.

Keep in mind that I dont think that the Windows center screen takes the task bar into account, so it truly does open in the center of the screen, which would look a little like it it opening lower because it would be closer to the task bar. :wink:

Shane

Offline Marek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:00:05 pm »
Hi Shane:
You are right. Without task bar, program opens in the center of the screen. In such case another question: Is it possible to do the program so that its position previously set by user will be remembered?  :wink:
Marek 

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 04:51:27 pm »
In such case another question: Is it possible to do the program so that its position previously set by user will be remembered?

Yes, I have done this with some of my other programs, but I never thought it was needed in the Windows Repair, maybe now there is a Pro version there is, not sure lol

Shane

Offline Marek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 02:49:16 am »
Ok Shane:
I have just installed your next program Technician Tools and what I noticed: All the subwindows I can move where I want and what is important they keep their positions on the screen when they are opened again. Whole program is fantastic like made by artist. I can look at it only.  :smiley: Please do the same impressions with Windows Repair.
Marek
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:22:27 am by Marek »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:57:51 am »
Ok Shane:
I have just installed your next program Technician Tools and what I noticed: All the subwindows I can move where I want and what is important they keep their positions on the screen when they are opened again. Whole program is fantastic like made by artist. I can look at it only.  :smiley: Please do the same impressions with Windows Repair.
Marek

Yes with that program I did do that, the positions and sizes of each window is stored in the settings.ini file of the program. Sine the Windows open inside the main program that was a lot easier to do. :wink:

Shane