Author Topic: win7 ultimate sp1 help and advice  (Read 8034 times)

Offline djgend

• View Profile
win7 ultimate sp1 help and advice
« on: March 16, 2015, 04:19:02 pm »
hello :smiley:, new here.. u rocks ,  i mean this tool is awesome its can fix registry, restore a key e.g. winlogon is very important to some people that reg is infected by virus.. this is advantage than anti-virus program, that do not involve the reg edit.

i am facing a   Scanning Reparse Points problem below is the log

Code: [Select]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scanning Reparse Points.
Started at (2015/3/17 5:24:16)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Documents) (Original Path: C:\ProgramData\Documents) (Target Path: C:\Users\Public\Documents) (Creation Time: 2009/7/14 12:53:55)
Target Path doesn't exist!

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Downloads) (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads) (Target Path: D:\dj2012) (Creation Time: 2012/6/2 6:03:42)
Target Path doesn't exist!

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Application Data) (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local) (Creation Time: 2012/2/13 20:55:49)
Infinite Loop! Points back to a parent folder. I was able to access the original path folder contents, which means it creates an infinite loop.

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Default\Start Menu) (Target Path: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)
A Default Reparse Point is missing and this can cause programs on the system.

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: C:\Users\Public\Music)

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: C:\Users\Public\Pictures)

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: C:\Users\Public\Videos)

Files & Folders Searched: 166,760
Reparse Points Found: 65

Done (2015/3/17 5:26:24)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how do i fix the mentioned C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Application Data Infinite Loop? any advice is welcome.

ADVICE FOR SERVICE :tongue:
and to the repair default windows service part, i'd like to advice that leave two services that apple portable device like iphone or ipad will have to use autostart, to import picture from portable device to windows.

that is "Windows Driver Foundation User-mode Driver Framework" and "Portable Device Enumerator Service" its important to show a properly portable device in the device manager.

otherwise maybe someone afterwards use the repair, then cant open and import portable device picture popup.

and i prefer to leave Distributed Link Tracking Client auto-start that is important to maintain shortcut resolve automate.

DEFECT :rolleyes:
and unfortunately this tool is not repair my broken windows firewall, although it says it can config the regedit. i think my faulty is caused by mistype the wrong WS 2008 auditpol  manual op code to a win7 command.

reference:
the page i try to fix a win7 auditpol. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754714.aspx

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/974576
and the reason of firewall error code 87 cant start service from localhost, cant do change of the manual say, cant open gpedit with the specfic windows firewall config. and help is welcome.. thanks.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:23:17 pm by djgend »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: win7 ultimate sp1 help and advice
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 05:00:06 pm »
how do i fix the mentioned C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Application Data Infinite Loop? any advice is welcome.

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Application Data should have the everyone permission set to deny. :wink:

Looks like you have some other missing folders and such, normally just creating those folders is all that is needed.

ADVICE FOR SERVICE :tongue:
and to the repair default windows service part, i'd like to advice that leave two services that apple portable device like iphone or ipad will have to use autostart, to import picture from portable device to windows.

that is "Windows Driver Foundation User-mode Driver Framework" and "Portable Device Enumerator Service" its important to show a properly portable device in the device manager.

otherwise maybe someone afterwards use the repair, then cant open and import portable device picture popup.

and i prefer to leave Distributed Link Tracking Client auto-start that is important to maintain shortcut resolve automate.

You can actually change what services the program will set the startup for and to what, check the files folder with the program and you will see the files the program loads and uses, you can edit them before you run the program.

and unfortunately this tool is not repair my broken windows firewall, although it says it can config the regedit. i think my faulty is caused by mistype the wrong WS 2008 auditpol  manual op code to a win7 command.

reference:
the page i try to fix a win7 auditpol. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754714.aspx

and the reason of firewall error code 87 cant start service from localhost, cant do change of the manual say, cant open gpedit with the specfic windows firewall config. and help is welcome.. thanks.

So are you saying that the command on the page

auditpol.exe /set /SubCategory:"MPSSVC rule-level Policy Change","Filtering Platform policy change","IPsec Main Mode","IPsec Quick Mode","IPsec Extended Mode","IPsec Driver","Other System Events","Filtering Platform Packet Drop","Filtering Platform Connection" /success:enable /failure:enable

Fixed the problem you had? If so then I may just need to add that command to the repair :-)

Shane

Offline djgend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 05:51:03 pm »

reference:

auditpol.exe /set /SubCategory:"MPSSVC rule-level Policy Change","Filtering Platform policy change","IPsec Main Mode","IPsec Quick Mode","IPsec Extended Mode","IPsec Driver","Other System Events","Filtering Platform Packet Drop","Filtering Platform Connection" /success:enable /failure:enable

Fixed the problem you had? If so then I may just need to add that command to the repair :-)

Shane
absolutely NO! Its a issue with autipol misconfig between WS 2008 and win7 at least i think so far, the first link i post is caused the problem, the second link is a solution provided by MS, in case not fit me. because the firewall service is totally shut down. Cant do the modification according to the manual,  command require the service is running to fix.

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Application Data should have the everyone permission set to deny. :wink:
great, thanks for response. i have got a clue how to fix it.

and about the service, just for a convenient smooth user experience, never mind. i am newbie.. thank you.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:56:03 pm by djgend »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 10:50:20 am »
great, thanks for response. i have got a clue how to fix it.

You just go to the properties of the folder and then go to the security tab, there you can change permissions and set the everybody group to deny :wink:

Shane

Offline djgend

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 04:03:19 pm »

reference:

Shane
absolutely NO! Its a issue with autipol misconfig between WS 2008 and win7 at least i think so far, the first link i post is caused the problem, the second link is a solution provided by MS, in case not fit me. because the firewall service is totally shut down. Cant do the modification according to the manual,  command require the service is running to fix

after I wade through tons of web search, it can be narrowed the problem with win7 gpo. not regarding auditpol. i almost remember i have accidentally mod the gpedit advance firewall policy from default to  make sense depend on domain or local. that is the problem.

reference:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/01701ac1-31bb-4179-9c8b-5fba31bc85a1/windows-firewall-service-wont-start?forum=winserversecurity

and i have do the gpo restore on win7 according to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2hVL6sP1M

but take no effect.. i am really headache .. maybe sysprep ? or manual import the win7 advance firewall reg key like below say
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-code-0x80070424-with-windows-firewall/ec3fc3b8-69ec-4b4b-a703-4b745fe6e8ee