Author Topic: ALERT ~ POP UP error when starting MSWORD  (Read 12935 times)

Offline Rick

• View Profile
ALERT ~ POP UP error when starting MSWORD
« on: February 27, 2015, 07:29:08 am »
What does it say?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ALERT ~ POP UP error when starting MSWORD
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 07:42:12 am »
Can you copy that message into Google Translate, translate to English then copy & paste into the Reply box https://translate.google.com/

We aren't all bi-lingual  :smiley:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:54:28 pm by Boggin »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 04:42:43 pm »
I think that is what Rick is asking since he said
What does it say?

So I think he is asking if anyone can read it. Problem is, that is a normal message box, which you cant copy the text from, so if he cant type those letters in he wont be able to use google translate since he wont be able to copy it. :wink:

If that is the case I would check the event viewer and see if the error got copied there, if so then the ctrl+c works in there and he could copy the text then and put it into google.

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 06:42:03 pm »
Can you copy that message into Google Translate, translate to English then copy & paste into the Reply box https://translate.google.com/

We aren't all bi-lingual  :smiley:

Point is, its a image pop up message.... how would we do that?

another technological breakthrough perhaps or simply being able to right click to catch the properties

Dear MSFT, please fix your software...
my system in english, any other languages that pop up are clearly a conflicter of interest ands we ned to know to resolve them.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 01:22:25 am »
It's unusual to have pop-up messages in a different language to that of your OS setting, although some Googled MS Fixit links recently appeared in what looked like Chinese and my ISP has had complaints that some customers emails were appearing in Chinese.

Can you replicate what you were doing to see if it pops up again - perhaps you could get some local help on that from your friends by showing them the message you have recorded on the forum ?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:28:24 am by Boggin »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 04:12:02 am »
Hi,
               Why you just cannot reset Msword to get rid of those things.Firstly , Close the MSword program.
               Go to Run command. Type regedit.
               registry editor opens up.
               Then locate this key by expanding the concerned registry, and then delete the word folder accordingly.
If you are using Word 2007, select the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/12.0/Word key.
If you are using Word 2010, select the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/14.0/Word key.
If you are using Word 2013, select the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/15.0/Word key.
                            Your problem will be gone. Pl let me know whether this fix it
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 03:48:03 am »
Hi, Rick, Did you try my registry fix

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 06:45:29 am »
I think Rick would be more interested in finding out what it said before getting rid of it - it may be important.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 03:48:50 am »
Hi, Boggins,
                    I suspect that he got macro virus to get this pop up. There is no cure except to restore the defaults. It may be because of third party program hiding in his microsoft office program. It is in some of the shared file i had this add on injecting something during startup. So, when he clicks , instead of opening the ms word as target, it goes to that folder and execute the third party program. First he has to go to the Word options menu, and then click on add ons in the left side of the menu. Word options are available if your click the main word icon at the top left. Then he has to check the com in the lower end of the page. He has to check any com undesirable is running. If so, he could just disable. Then in the dropdown menu near com, he has to select add on to see the add on running. If a third party add on is running, he could well disable it from running.
                              Then he has to go the startup folder, lin the all programs list and check whether any startup item is there in word. He should delete those things.
                                 My fix is simple in that instead of deciphering the what not in the pop up , he could as well restore the ms word to default, which will give him immediate solution.
                                    Macro viruses are worst kind, that it is hiding in the ms folder , i thing, microsoft office shared folder and doing mischievous things.
                                     He could also check whether any macro is directly shown, in clicking this macro tab.Normally macros will not be shown for these kind of macros and it will he hidden in the default settings. Let me see if any other solution is there. If the language of the word is changed by third party, there is setting to restore to English in regional settings menu.
                                        But this alert seems to be a macro virus.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 05:53:18 am »
I think I'd still like to see what it said before I took any remedial action, but you could be right as the alert wasn't in English.

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 06:44:39 am »
I think I'd still like to see what it said before I took any remedial action, but you could be right as the alert wasn't in English.

Everyone; Please note; it is happening after I create a New USer ID and use Windows Easy Transfer to copy files to the new user account.

Noted; I did not copy the program settings, this specific function of not copying allows to find hidden junk and macros...

regards

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 01:10:21 am »
Hi, Rick,
                       Could you access your word program in English default selected language. Could you perform typing and all that you could do with Msword?or those are all also in the unknown language.

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 05:16:32 am »
Hi,
               Why you just cannot reset Msword to get rid of those things.Firstly , Close the MSword program.
               Go to Run command. Type regedit.
               registry editor opens up.
               Then locate this key by expanding the concerned registry, and then delete the word folder accordingly.
If you are using Word 2007, select the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/12.0/Word key.
If you are using Word 2010, select the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/14.0/Word key.
If you are using Word 2013, select the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/15.0/Word key.
                            Your problem will be gone. Pl let me know whether this fix it

Yes, I did that, but there was no references;
it could have been in another area. addins etc through macros.
I can not go back and chl now as  I re-installed Office to fix the corrupt user account problems related to this thread
A re-install on bad pop up messages is the only solution here...

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 05:18:08 am »
Hi, Rick,
                       Could you access your word program in English default selected language. Could you perform typing and all that you could do with Msword?or those are all also in the unknown language.

Good Idea, already was...
I did a re-install to resolve the total matters with all user accounts in this thread,
re-mapped the mailbox settings

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 09:08:36 pm »
hi, Rick,
                     I had the same problem of unknown language in right click menu of MS office besides, words templates of paragraphs, bold, everything weird . I tried all sorts of things repair, reinstall but without success as the macro was included in microsoft shared folder. I could not delete those entries, fearing that it would totally collapse the ms office. As a last resort, i did the registry fix, i have given in my earlier post on this thread. Because reinstallation does no effect on add ons by third party, and once i reinstalled and open the msword, the third party program immediately accessed the program and made the same changes. Hence i went in to the registry to see the entries. There it was. So, i deleted the word folder in the registry and reopening the word created the default word folder without this malicious third party entry. The entry was in the registry in such a way that the code will be executed, when we start the word.exe

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 12:27:02 am »
hi, Rick,
                     I had the same problem of unknown language in right click menu of MS office besides, words templates of paragraphs, bold, everything weird . I tried all sorts of things repair, reinstall but without success as the macro was included in microsoft shared folder. I could not delete those entries, fearing that it would totally collapse the ms office. As a last resort, i did the registry fix, i have given in my earlier post on this thread. Because reinstallation does no effect on add ons by third party, and once i reinstalled and open the msword, the third party program immediately accessed the program and made the same changes. Hence i went in to the registry to see the entries. There it was. So, i deleted the word folder in the registry and reopening the word created the default word folder without this malicious third party entry. The entry was in the registry in such a way that the code will be executed, when we start the word.exe

One last thing, I had right clicked to see if there were any references to were that file is too, nothing appeared, very strange!

moving on...

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 12:48:57 am »
Hi, Rick
                     I do not understand what you are referring to in my post.  Is the registry or in where in my post please tell so that i could further give ideas i know. where did you right click to find nothing