Author Topic: I can't see any vertical dividers on screen  (Read 5559 times)

Offline Phototaker

• View Profile
I can't see any vertical dividers on screen
« on: March 27, 2015, 03:55:37 am »
I appear to have an unusual problem.  When I go to 'Windows Explorer' & try to see details most of the usual columns aren't there, or are there in a very truncated form. This is because the usual vertical dividers are missing.  I might  be looking for a file & all I see is part of a file name & perhaps 1 or 2 letters say for file size when I'm looking at video files that might require 6 columns to show the correct file size.  You know approximately where the divider should display & it's often very difficult to find where to click & drag, since there are no markers at all to go by so you have to move the cursor very slowly.

I have even gone to some sites that require me to enter both ID name & password & but you can't see exactly where these fields are located on the page.  On some sites the entry place was located on a white ares of the screen so I thought that I might not be able to see where to enter data because by monitors brightness was too high but this was not the case.

Any ideas as to where to look to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: I can't see any vertical dividers on screen
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:55:25 pm »
Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing so I can see it as well?

Shane

Offline Phototaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:24:58 am »
Shane,

I don't know whats going on.  I opened your program & noticed that you had a new version available for download.

I downloaded it,ran it & my problem went away.  I can't see any mention of something new that might have altered my settings to give this good outcome.

Thanks
Thanks in advance

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:11:03 am »
Dont know lol

So many things are tied together in windows that fixing one thing may fix another even though they dont have anything to do with each other. It could have been a permissions problem, or maybe one of the files getting registered or any number of things.

It is hard to tell, but it is good to hear you got it fixed :-)

Shane