Author Topic: 'Open chkdsk @ next reboot' button (in step 3) doesn't seem to be working  (Read 6470 times)

Offline Alpha beta

• View Profile
'Open chkdsk @ next reboot' button (in step 3) doesn't seem to be working. (It works fine on cmd though)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
What do you mean exactly?

Does the window open? Does nothing open? Or does the tool open but nothing is happening?

I attached a screen shot of the windows that should be opening.

The first thing it does when it is opening the window is call the windows file system api to return the fixed drives on the system to show in the drop download list. Do you have any extra drives or drives letters on the system?

I am wondering if I should have the program look for the drives after the window is loaded instead of before.

Shane

Offline Alpha beta

• View Profile
Nothing happens.
I'm pretty sure I've seen the window previously when I've done scans, but for some reason it's not coming up now.
The only Drives I have are C,D, and F.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
OK, so the code calls the file system object and then does a loop through the returned results.

But if there was a problem with the results for some reason, then it is possible the loop would never stop and so the window would never load.

So I am changing the code to stop the loop if it goes through more than 26 times, that way it should stop that from happening.

Then just in case the file system object doesnt return any drive letters I will have the program add the windows drive letter to the list, if the list is empty for any reason.

So next week iw ill put out a new version and let me know how it does for you. :wink:

Shane