Author Topic: (solved)would 2 gb ram for my intel mothre board spoil the boot  (Read 20360 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: (solved)would 2 gb ram for my intel mothre board spoil the boot
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 05:19:18 am »
Fixed at last ! :D

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 12:13:40 am »
Hi, Even though i marked this as closed, i want to know one thing.
                       I have changed the mother board and processor to somewhat higher version of intel.
                             i have changed the processor to dual core processor d 805
                                    But the bios menu had not changed a bit. How, or is that the same bios for this mother board also. I do not think so. I have checked whether there will be improvement in bios settings, such as additional tabs or menus. Nothing found. pl
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 01:39:42 am »
You would normally flash the BIOS for a new motherboard from the motherboard support site, but if it's working okay...

http://www.howtogeek.com/136881/htg-explains-do-you-need-to-update-your-computers-bios/

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2015, 04:28:05 am »
Hi,
           Boggin,
                         Thank you for the information. But each mother board has different bios version, i suppose. Is it correct. When my technician flashed the bios, would it not include any feature by the mobo manufacturer intel.? I also noted the change in the bios version from my previous. Now I have d805 dual core mother board , unlike d915 gav single processor.
                                            How is that the new board bios have not a different tabs or inclusion of menu. Is that the technician replaced the mobo without changing the bios. But i note changed bios version altogether. I think there is more to it than meets the eye in this regard. Your and shane expert opinion may throw some more lights on the above issue. I thought that it would atleast have usb boot priority menu included. For your information, i will try to link the page of my  intel mother board

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2015, 06:28:51 am »
I would go back to the tech who installed it for clarity as to what was done for its install.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 10:19:11 pm »
Hi,
                 Normally tech guys would not reveal what they have done. They will merely say, that mobo and processor has to be replaced, unlike shane, who is willing to share his programs and ideas.
                     From your post, i came to know that he has flashed his bios for the new mobo. He has replaced the processor too. But my query is related to the no change noticed in the menu of the bios. Not even a single change, apart from the bios version and so. Please i want to learn